Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: should I attend Phoenix Forum?

Camper than a row of tents

Need advice: should I attend Phoenix Forum?

It's getting down to the wire and I need to decide whether or not to attend the Phoenix Forum. This would be my first time and my main reason for attending would be to pick up some info and suggestions to launch some gay sites (blogs, TGPs). I'm not a big partier and not sure what the value of networking would be so I'm wondering if this trip is a good idea.

The trip will probably cost me between $1,000 and $1,500 so here's my question:

If you were in my shoes, would you spend that money on the trip or use it instead for marketing and promoting your site? A thousand bucks can buy a lot of adwords and other advertising.

I feel like I've learned a lot just from reading these boards and others so would I really gain that much more valuable knowledge in Phoenix? Or should I go next year after my sites are established?

My future is in your hands!

:bigears:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    That's a really tough call. Here's my experience:

The first year we really started promoting ourselves, we almost didn't go to the phoenix forum. Then our CCBill sales rep, Andy Kiefer, strongly suggested we do go, because of the value of the face-to-face meeting with people.

We decided to take the plunge, and because we were tiny at the time, we stayed in some janky off-site hotel... this in the days when the Phoenix Forum was held at the La Posada Resort, which was in the middle of nowhere and not near any other hotels.

The value for us of that first Phoenix Forum was immeasurable. We got a ton of very helpful advice from people who were friendly and willing to help. We made a lot of very valuable business connections. We began to cultivate a number of relationships that have since yielded valuable business opportunities.

And, of course, since then, more seminars focused on gay companies have been added, and more focus on gay webmasters.

Now... that said, you also have to realize that most likely, the $1000-1500 investment you make won't be returned in a month or two, but rather over 6 months or a year, with the combination of business relationships, putting to use the knowledge you gained, and so forth.

Hope that helps!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Yes go.

No doubt in my mind.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Madame0120
    It is the one show that you will get the most bang for your buck. I also think the best 1st show for any new webmaster.

My Very best suggestion...

Do your business BEFORE the parties start.

Be sure to say Howdy to meeeee.

Oh honey, I will do more than just say Howdy :-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Making Pain Pay!
    If you could only attend one show each year, I would say the GPF would be the one...

We found that our trips to the forum, especially the first year, more than paid for itself many times over.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Oh honey, I will do more than just say Howdy :-)
    I'm counting on it! :specs:

Not gay but I play it on TV LAJ's Avatar
    I agree that it is a great show to attend.

And if for some reason you decide not to, please consider our event in San Fran in June... http://www.cybernetexpo.com

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    I agree that it is a great show to attend.

And if for some reason you decide not to, please consider our event in San Fran in June... http://www.cybernetexpo.com

Or do both! Nice change of venue, Jay. Mind you I'm only guessing, cause I've never been to San Fran. Looks like a great place for a bunch of kinky webmasters to gather.

:heartu: <--- I still have my heart

The tour of the Kink.com Armory should be a big hit. I think there are going to be 2 live shoots going on during the tour, and for kinky webmasters and even the mildly curious the Armory is an amazing tour of sets, creepy spaces, and fun nooks and crannies.

Madame, when are you, Roy and Old Blue pulling into Phoenix?? I am so excited to see you guys again! And we have so much to catch up! I love me my Madame and Roy~
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I really wish I were going. I generally hate these functions, but it has been two years since my last outing and I really should put the rumors of me being in jail and/or dead to rest.

Alas, I am shooting the next two weeks.

Maybe next year...

R.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Madame, when are you, Roy and Old Blue pulling into Phoenix?? I am so excited to see you guys again! And we have so much to catch up! I love me my Madame and Roy~
    Awww and we luff us some Chad! We should drag in Wed. afternoon. All our #s are the same and we'll be staying in the "gay wing".

Duggy
    I really think some one should fly me to the forum and let me sleep in their bed

Epoch Holly
    Great show! One of my personal favorites! It is well worth it with the amount of business and networking you can get done!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggy View Post
    I really think some one should fly me to the forum and let me sleep in their bed
    I have a bed for you but I don't know how much sleep you would get.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com