Thread: Kink.com Looking for Gay Content

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Kink.com Looking for Gay Content

http://xbiz.com/news/90886

This was really in the plans even before I came on board~

Kink.com is looking for gay directors or content producers that can make very good fetish gay content and work in San Francisco. Each of the current websites is operated by a director who is really into the niche that he/she produces and authenticity is very important. I thought this board would be a good place to put this up and I don't think Lee will mind a bit of spam from a long time poster.

:-)

SAN FRANCISCO — Online fetish producer Kink.com is currently seeking proposals for gay and bisexual website content, with the possibility of expanding the company’s existing family of BDSM-oriented websites.

Kink.com’s network of sites launched in 1997 with HogTied.com and now has 13 sites on its roster, including FuckingMachines.com, WhippedAss.com, WiredPussy.com and MenInPain.com, among others.

The sites are produced by directors with expertise in their particular genre, as well as active BDSM lifestyle participants.

"What's different about Kink.com is that each of our directors brings an interest, fetish or obsession to her or his website," Kink.com founder and CEO Peter Acworth said.

"We don't just produce erotica that makes money; we produce erotica that turns us on," Ackworth added. "We're looking for an experienced director of gay erotica who's also a fetishist and who wants to see his erotic dreams made into reality."

Independent video producers and experienced video artists can submit their proposals at www.kink.com/proposals

A disclaimer can be viewed at the submissions page, and applicants should also visit the Kink.com site to review the “About Us” and “Values” pages.

Interested parties should submit a 100-200 word overview of the proposed site along with a brief resume outlining video production and directorial experience, as well as an explanation of interest in the particular fetish represented. If possible, producers should include links to their online content. For those who have material only on DVD, samples may be requested by Kink.com after reviewing of the proposal.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Camper than a row of tents
    Chad I read the Kink webpage and found this section:

"By submitting your idea to Kink.com, you hereby fully assign said idea to Kink.com. Kink.com may or may not develop said idea. Ideas are not protectable under copyright law, and Kink.com has the unrestricted right to use any ideas submitted herein without compensation to you."

So c'mon, as a lawyer would you seriously advise anyone to submit an idea to a company that is basically saying they can use it without recognizing or compensating you?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    If anyone here gets a director position at Kink, cast me in a film! :sunny:
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post

"By submitting your idea to Kink.com, you hereby fully assign said idea to Kink.com. Kink.com may or may not develop said idea. Ideas are not protectable under copyright law, and Kink.com has the unrestricted right to use any ideas submitted herein without compensation to you."

So c'mon, as a lawyer would you seriously advise anyone to submit an idea to a company that is basically saying they can use it without recognizing or compensating you?
    I don't review pages before they go up but this one I should have. That language is too harsh. I am embarrassed because Kink is not a company out to steal anyone's ideas. That language was put in by someone who was worried that an idea would get submitted that really was not all that original but would sue Kink for using something similar in the future. If someone submits an idea like, "Protagonist is a leather shop owner in a gay district who films his customers 'testing' out products" that is not really all that unique and that is the kind of thing the page writer was concerned about.

I am sorry this language was used. I am going to get this page changed, and the intent will be to protect Kink from someone that submits an idea that is not unique but would try make a claim in the future. I will also make sure that someone who submits a unique idea will NOT have that idea used by Kink without compensation.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    I'm glad your sitting on this one , I wasn't quite understanding why the content producer had to reside in sanfrancisco and/or why a 100 - 200 page "essay" had to be submitted for consideration ( grading? ) or why you were "associated" with this company.
    hopefully this works out for you , good luck with this company.

jim

Madame0120

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    If anyone here gets a director position at Kink, cast me in a film! :sunny:
    I'd like to DM please.

Or, in the case of dean's film - Q&A Cock Checker.
    :bunny:

Sorry no Fluffing!

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    I'm glad your sitting on this one , I wasn't quite understanding why the content producer had to reside in sanfrancisco and/or why a 100 - 200 page "essay" had to be submitted for consideration ( grading? ) or why you were "associated" with this company.
    hopefully this works out for you , good luck with this company.

jim
    The residency is because a director is only part of a production team. The director is the creative head of that team, but s/he is supported by a full-time talent department that does nothing but recruit, screen and maintain model data. Then there are Production Assistants, videographers, editors, encoders, and webpage builders that each director works with, so it is an entire process involving many people, already employed here, that takes raw footage to the end product. A director needs to be part of that team, so that director needs to be in San Francisco where the rest of the team already works.

The essay is 100-200 words, not 100-200 pages. What is requested is a description of the proposal, basically a cover letter for the submission.

I am associated with Kink.com because I took the position as in-house counsel in January. I am no longer an independent agent. Just a free thinker. ;-)

Does that answer your questions? I will stay on top of this thread at least until Friday. Then I am taking a week to attend a gay alcoholics anonymous roundup. No internet, no cell phone, and no worries for a full week. :-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    I'd like to DM please.

Or, in the case of dean's film - Q&A Cock Checker.
    :bunny:

Sorry no Fluffing!

OH sweetheart have I got a home for you!!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    The residency is because a director is only part of a production team. The director is the creative head of that team, but s/he is supported by a full-time talent department that does nothing but recruit, screen and maintain model data. Then there are Production Assistants, videographers, editors, encoders, and webpage builders that each director works with, so it is an entire process involving many people, already employed here, that takes raw footage to the end product. A director needs to be part of that team, so that director needs to be in San Francisco where the rest of the team already works.

The essay is 100-200 words, not 100-200 pages. What is requested is a description of the proposal, basically a cover letter for the submission.

I am associated with Kink.com because I took the position as in-house counsel in January. I am no longer an independent agent. Just a free thinker. ;-)

Does that answer your questions? I will stay on top of this thread at least until Friday. Then I am taking a week to attend a gay alcoholics anonymous roundup. No internet, no cell phone, and no worries for a full week. :-)
    sounds like a really good opportunity for someone with a really good idea , good luck to all applicants.
    have a great "roundup" , enjoy the week "disconnected"

jim

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    OH sweetheart have I got a home for you!!!

I'm ready for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post

This has been changed. Kink.com is not going to steal anyone's ideas.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com