Thread: Affiliates: quick survey

How long have you been gay?

Affiliates: quick survey

Hi,
    Thinking of rolling out an affiliate program. Would you, as an affiliate, be interested in promoting the sites considering the following:

1. all content is leased, not original (pics are licensed)
    2. 7-8 yr old, established sites; niche gay sites
    3. conversion ratio of 1:57 (targeted traffic is a must)
    4. "first renewal" conversion of 56%; avg. retention of 3.5 - 4 months
    5. a very closed affiliate program (1-3 affiliates)
    6. NATS
    7. Payments processing via Netbilling

I am hesitating because the content is all leased of licensed. It would be just myself, the webmaster, as the contact point for the affiliates (or "rep").

Good idea? Bad idea? Tell me what you guys think.

there are lots of sites out there that use only licensed content and have successful affiliate programs. if the tour is good and the site converts and retains, who cares if the content is exclusive?

the 1 - 3 affiliates thing sounds like a pain in the ass. after all, how can you find 3 perfect affiliates - and what about review sites? they convert pretty well, don't spread your content all over and there's a lot more than 3 that i like to be listed on.

How long have you been gay?
    Hi basschick,

True. We had touched on this in another post.

I looked at some review sites...and they can be brutal!! I'll be honest. The sites convert and have decent tours, but the members area is no marvel of programming. It quite basic. So, after you had mentioned review sites, I saw those reviews from other gay sites, I was discouraged.

Would NATS be good for this or an overkill (its $1500 for the basic level to start).

You can PM me.

sent ya a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by jcowens2007 View Post
    Hi basschick,

True. We had touched on this in another post.

I looked at some review sites...and they can be brutal!! I'll be honest. The sites convert and have decent tours, but the members area is no marvel of programming. It quite basic. So, after you had mentioned review sites, I saw those reviews from other gay sites, I was discouraged.

Would NATS be good for this or an overkill (its $1500 for the basic level to start).

You can PM me.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Even bad site reviews make sales, sometimes the worse the review is, the more people actually join the site LOL

Regards,

Lee