Thread: JUB Certificate of Compliance

JUB Certificate of Compliance

I just got an email from JUB, as follows:
    In review of our records, we do not have an 18 U.S.C. 2257 Certificate of Compliance on file for the website(s) you are the Custodian of Records for, including younghotlatinos.com. Please fill out the attached form and return it as soon as possible. Even though there is compliance information posted on the website(s), we are required to have a signed Certificate of Compliance for each website that we direct traffic to. If you are the Custodian of Records for more than one site, you can fill out one form for all websites, as a blanket form, by listing all websites at the top of the form
    WTF??? Since when do sites require certificates of compliance for every site that they link to? This sounds like total b.s. if you ask me.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Luke,

Never heard of such a thing and don't ever recall seeing it in the regs.

I suppose if someone wanted to get nit picky, since they like to you and send people from their site to yours, they might be trying cover their collective asses, but I'm not aware of any such requirement imposed under 2257.

Of course, another possibility is that the regs are some damn confusing that not even attorneys agree on what it really says, so they could just be mis-interpreting.

The guys at JUB are good guys, I'm guessing they've just gotten so bad advice.

Bill

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I think they have created their own internal "certificate of compliance" and want you to sign that to assure them you have all your records in order.

A Certificate of Compliance is not something found in that convoluted law.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I think they have created their own internal "certificate of compliance" and want you to sign that to assure them you have all your records in order.

A Certificate of Compliance is not something found in that convoluted law.
    Aren't you supposed to be on vacation? Put the laptop down, take a step back.
    :humble: :whip:
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip: