Thread: I really don't understand why some people....

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

I really don't understand why some people....

... insist on creating drama where there isn't any.

I was just forwarded a series of posts that an "ex" moderator of another board made. Apparently, he seems to think that anyone who moderates a given board is somehow joined at the hip with some nefarious "agenda" associated with whatever board s/he is moderating, and can't possibly have anything positive to contribute to another board. This has been said about me and about others who are moderating different boards.

Well... I'm a moderator on two boards, this one and the new Gaydemon board. I asked Lee in advance, and he agreed with me that as long as my contributions are similar on both boards that there are benefits to everyone involved. If the agenda of a moderator posting on a board where they don't moderate is nefarious, then who is the recipient of the bad will? If anything, I would think that the contribution to threads and traffic at a board one is *not* moderating would be seen as damaging to the board(s) one *is* moderating, not the reverse.

There are many people in the webmaster community who post on 3 or 4 or 5 different boards, and there are others who post on only one or maybe two boards. Each board "community" has a different feel to it, much in the same way different bars or clubs or restaurants all serve food or drinks, but have different atmosphere. People can contribute to one or many, but ultimately, I believe that "cross pollination" benefits all of the communities.

So why is it that some people feel it necessary to assume that everyone's agenda is negative and nefarious? And isn't it one of those situations where, by making that sort of claim, you end up alienating a lot of the people in your community?

Is there some positive benefit to this sort of attitude that I'm not seeing, or is it, as it appears to me, simply a destructive, separatist attitude that doesn't even serve the interests of the one community?

I'd be very interested in viewpoints in both directions.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    I think there are a number of smart and helpful individuals in this business and a number that are as mature as 7th grade OC girls.

Anyone that wants to contribute anything in a positive way is and should be welcome.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    I think there are a number of smart and helpful individuals in this business and a number that are as mature as 7th grade OC girls.

Anyone that wants to contribute anything in a positive way is and should be welcome.
    I think that about sums it up.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

me, too

Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    I think that about sums it up.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post

Totally agree, it is unfortunate that the 7th graders seem to outnumber the helpful ones these days, at some places :kickcan:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Not so sure about that. I know some 7th graders that are pretty damn mature.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Just be DAMN careful as to what you say in PRIVATE at GMS. I said via a private PM to Patrick to have my account deleted. JP, in one of his wise ass remarks, took it upon himself to say "a little birdie told me abostonboy was banned."

Seriously, I "question" how safe my personal PMs really are over there. Others may way want to as well. There is obviously someone one over there that doesn't respect privacy.

God, wasn't gfy a big enough place for him to make an ass of himself.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    JP, in one of his wise ass remarks, took it upon himself to say "a little birdie told me abostonboy was banned."
    Holy crap! He's still around???
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    At a certain point, one has to feel sorry for someone like JP. He's obviously a really angry, bitter person who apparently doesn't understand how to cultivate healthy friendships or business relationships. Most of us learn from our mistakes and figure out that certain behaviors won't help us to keep friends or make new ones, but I guess for some reason he hasn't developed that skill set.

In all seriousness, no one wants people to hate them and no one wants to be laughed at or made fun of, but I think some people think that's the only way they can get attention so that's what motivates their behavior. So in spite of the deplorable way he's treated so many people at GMS, I really do feel bad for JP and I hope that he can find his bliss running his new art gallery.