Thread: Privacy...

Think big. Shoot hard.

Privacy...

Seriously. Why do people not respect privacy? I asked via a PM to the ONLY mod to have my account deleted at GMS. Shortly thereafter, JP announced that, "a liitle birdie told me that abostonboy was banned." Not true.

Makes me a little nervous with nosy people like that who try and cause drama that maybe nothing is safe from prying eyes.

I asked Mark to reactivate my account so in part so I could delete my PMs. Not even sure if that keeps them from prying eyes that wanna read.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

seems like many people on boards - and not just webmaster boards - don't understand the concept of privacy. email, either. people seem to feel that the web is somehow different than real life.

it sure is! when you say something private about another person to someone in real life, he/she might repeat it to a few people and it might get out a little more - without the web, it probably will lose steam long before it makes it to hundreds unless the person the info about is a celeb.

when you repeat someone's private business on the web, it can get out to thousands of people in a few days and could be out there for all to read forever.

all the better to be careful about repeating things better kept private.

thegayone
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Seriously. Why do people not respect privacy? I asked via a PM to the ONLY mod to have my account deleted at GMS. Shortly thereafter, JP announced that, "a liitle birdie told me that abostonboy was banned." Not true.
    The conclusions you and jacob have been coming up with lately are beyond asinine.

My comments were based on a conversation I had with Mark, who had talked to Patrick, not on anyone's PMs.

I don't even have access to them, so nice try. :jerkoff:

thegayone
    PS: I'm on clearing out my account as I'll no longer be needing it now that I've exited.

To everyone else, best of luck in all of your endeavors!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Clearing out the account here, or at GMS?

Hope springs eternal...

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post

Hope springs eternal...
    Oh be careful what you say about hope.
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by thegayone View Post

My comments were based on a conversation I had with Mark, who had talked to Patrick, not on anyone's PMs.
    Right. Partly my point. Privacy is not something highly respected. Now, if you would have said the "truth" and said abostonboy asked for his account to be deleted, that's one thing (thought still not anyone's business), but you have to add in the JP factor and spin it as "banned". Just makes it seem... ugh!

Maybe allboysvideo will have something to say on here again like in the past,

"Hey guys! I'm going to jump back into this thread. As part of the Intensecash team...BluMedia Studios/D&E Productions, we had extensive talks with Mark regarding JP's behavior. I really don't care who's right or who's wrong here...drama or no drama...but JP's responses to those on the the GMS board was inapproperiate behavior and I agree and so does Mark regarding this type of behavior, Matter of fact, Mark is very upset and stressed over this situation. Mark is taking some time out and he will be correcting the situation regarding the GMS board soon. When you do visit the GMS board, you will see many good and fun threads posted on the GMS board so please don't think the whole board is full of bad threads and drama.

Chip! I do apologies personally what has happen to you on the GMS board and I personally apologies to you and the others that had to deal with this situation and we hope to see you all back again. Hopefully time will tell.

-David"