Thread: CCBill affiliate code question

Camper than a row of tents

CCBill affiliate code question

I've noticed that when signing up to promote sponsors via CCBill that some recommend adding extra code starting with "&HTML" after my ID number in the link URL that will take the surfer to a preview page or free model gallery. For the ones that don't mention this, my affiliate link goes to their age verification/warning page.

Here's my question: can I go ahead and add the html link on my own for all my sponsors that will take surfers directly to the preview or free model page? Or could this screw up my getting credit for a sale?

I'd like to get surfers as close as possible to the sponsor content that will convert them but I'm worried about modifying my affiliate link and doing something that will lose money for me. Rather than emailing each sponsor I thought I'd ask here to see what others do.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It depends.

Basically, if the program owner has had the system setup to allow adding the &HTML tracking to their program you should be able to direct traffic to any page on a sites tour just by changing the landing URL.

It is probably best to ask the program operator how they have their CCBill account setup before adding anything to the linking codes they provide you.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post

Here's my question: can I go ahead and add the html link on my own for all my sponsors that will take surfers directly to the preview or free model page? Or could this screw up my getting credit for a sale?

I'd like to get surfers as close as possible to the sponsor content that will convert them but I'm worried about modifying my affiliate link and doing something that will lose money for me. Rather than emailing each sponsor I thought I'd ask here to see what others do.
    I know what you mean, I had the same issue with a site recently.

I don't know much about stuff like htaccess and site security, but I know that even if your users don't land on the &HTML= page that you specify, they get the CCBill cookie.

So you won't lose a sale, but you look kinda retarded when you text link a bunch of key word terms or simply stuff like "View the Gallery" and it keeps taking you to their landing page.

That's a default in the CCBill account when you don't put a variable like &HTML= someplace or other in their link.

The redirect or whatever it is gets setup up on the site's host.

Most sites (I currently promote about 40, so that's from my experience) don't muck with the site page access, but I always test my links before publishing.

This was the only one I found.

I emailed the site owner but he hasn't replied in the two or three weeks since.

It might be a personal preference on their part, or paranoia on the security level, or a fear of losing surfers somehow configured into their external access so that any and all 404 would go to the index page... I don't know.

If someone can explain that stuff here I'll bookmark this thread .
    Complete Video Chat Solution

Phone: 1-866-892-5122 (Ext. 2)

voted best dresser
    MediaGuy is correct that even if the sponsor does not have the setting correct in their program setup you will still receive credit for the sale as long as the surfer is accepting cookies and clicks on the refer.ccbill.com link.

There is a default redirect setting in the sponsor setup and if they do not enable the 'multiple redirects' setting (&html=) then all of your traffic will go to the default redirect URL they have setup. Some sponsors may want your surfers to land on a certain page but I think by and large they don't set it up because they don't know it's there.

Camper than a row of tents
    Great info... thanks everyone!