Thread: Being Gay Is Illegal But We Still Want Them To Open Bank Accounts

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Being Gay Is Illegal But We Still Want Them To Open Bank Accounts

(Singapore) Homosexuality in Singapore is punishable by up to two years in prison, but, a government run bank says it is going after the pink buck.

The DBS Bank announced this week it is looking into issuing a special credit card targeting the gay market. The bank points to studies showing that gays are "affluent" and that they support brands that touch them personally.

"If the market is big enough, we will consider it," said Edmund Koh, head of consumer banking at DBS.

The Singapore government's investment arm, Temasek Holdings, owns 28.8% of DBS.

Singapore's government has recently refused to let the country's largest gay rights group register as a society. Last month the government ordered Singapore's only gay rights organization to disband. (story - Linked because it has relevance to this news article)

Nevertheless, several mainstream Singapore businesses have begun chasing gay market and are pitching their services and products to homosexual customers.

The island's Prime Minister, Goh Chok Tong said that despite the official line, his administration would hire openly gay people.

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/05/051604singCredit.htm

How fucked up is that? LOL

I honestly dont see many gay people in Singapore opening new bank accounts any time soon LOL

Regards,

Lee

Darren Austin
    Lee, you always find the best stories I swear. I think I should make you roving news reporter for the Darren Austin Show . HMMMMM what ya think?

AusCoding Allan
    If I could ever remember to listen to your show Darren then I would love to see (listen to) Lee become the roving news reporter!!!!

He has a talent for finding fantastic stories, I suppose I should probably read more widely.

Cheers,

Allan