Thread: Pregnant Man to Give Birth in Oregon

Pregnant Man to Give Birth in Oregon

Was watching our local news tonight and they ran a story about this:

Another Oregon First? Pregnant Man to Give Birth in Bend, Ore.

March 24th 2008 2:01pm

BY: Byron Beck

Saturday morning was a real eye-opener.

As I was getting the car's oil changed, I stumbled upon a story that blew my mind.

In the latest issue of The Advocate , the equivalent of Time magazine for queers, I read the first-hand account of Thomas Beatie, who...(wait for it).... is about to have a BABY!

Yes, a man is going to have a baby. Well, it's not that easy.

Thomas Beatie is a transgendered man. And he is a man. He's legally changed his official paperwork to reflect that.

On top of that, he's married to a woman.

Here is what he said in The Advocate's First Person column:

I am transgender, legally male, and legally married to Nancy. Unlike those in same-sex marriages, domestic partnerships, or civil unions, Nancy and I are afforded the more than 1,100 federal rights of marriage. Sterilization is not a requirement for sex reassignment, so I decided to have chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy but kept my reproductive rights. Wanting to have a biological child is neither a male nor female desire, but a human desire.

When the couple, who run a screen-printing business—called, of course, Define Normal—in the Central Oregon city of Bend, found out Nancy couldn't have a baby, Thomas decided to step in and take care of the job (with the help of cryogenically preserved donor sperm). Their daughter is expected in July.

And, right now, the gender shift has hit the fan. "It's a very touchy thing, this deconstruction of our biological reality," McGill University ethicist Margaret Somerville told the Canadian newspaper The National Post. "I think we're just playing with fire."

This is sure to be a major news story in the annals of reproductive rights and gender identity, and it looks like Oregon is again pioneering uncharted territory. We'll keep you updated as the story—along with the baby—develops.

http://wweek.com/wwire/?p=11312
    http://advocate.com/issue_story.asp?id=52664&page=1

I thought this must be a prank when I saw it on the news. Then I read the whole story. I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this one...

Camper than a row of tents
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this one...
    Really all it boils down to is a tranny having a baby. It's not such a huge deal.
    I post here to whore this sig.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. RiotRacer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z View Post
    Really all it boils down to is a tranny having a baby. It's not such a huge deal.
    Well, the daddy is certainly not a tranny mess. He looks cute! I wonder if they'll have a webcam going during the birth! I know I'd pay $19.95 to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotRacer View Post
    Well, the daddy is certainly not a tranny mess. He looks cute! I wonder if they'll have a webcam going during the birth! I know I'd pay $19.95 to watch.

mORE OF A fRATpAD 79.95 DEAL i THINK IS IN oRDER

Domain inventory sale.