Thread: Best image size for still galleries?

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Best image size for still galleries?

Currently we are posting updates in our member's section at the size of 900 X 675. What are other's posting at? Do you think that our current image size is what surfers want considering most screen resolutions are set to the sort of standard setting of 1280 X 800?
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

What file size is that making your pics usually?

I still try to stay under 135k per pic - using that to sometimes reduce actual W&H dimensions
    Domain inventory sale.

half the sites i see stay at 600x900 or below - the rest either go with 1024 or larger resolution. almost 80% of our surfers are at 1024, not 1280, so 1280 might be overkill unless you have well-lit excellent quality pics.

i don't think your pics could be considered small, and the truth is that these days videos are much more important than pics.

imo this is a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Lee,

I agree w/ Patti. Video is the most important consideration now. i am finding that many just view the pics to see if they want to watch the video.

If you feel that some members may want a higher res, why not offer them in a zip file. Do a regular res zip and a higher res zip.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis