Thread: WMV in Firefox

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.

WMV in Firefox

Okay, part of our custom filter system (which uses a cookie in addition to a host of other things) is reacting badly (meaning it won't work) with WMV files embedded in Firefox. It works perfectly with all four other main browsers in both MOV and WMV formats. It works fine with MOV in Firefox. But the WMV, just spin and spin and never play. Any advance programming folks with tips? I have exhausted all the tech forums and thought I would give it a shot here.

i have that problem or one like it with strongbox, wmvs and ff and i wrote on every board hoping to find help with no luck.

ray from strongbox said it's because of firefox having slightly higher security. he suggested there's a way to do the code to lower the security slightly. that's all i know for now but hopefully it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    Okay, part of our custom filter system (which uses a cookie in addition to a host of other things) is reacting badly (meaning it won't work) with WMV files embedded in Firefox. It works perfectly with all four other main browsers in both MOV and WMV formats. It works fine with MOV in Firefox. But the WMV, just spin and spin and never play. Any advance programming folks with tips? I have exhausted all the tech forums and thought I would give it a shot here.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    thanks. I will see what we can do.
    Alex