Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDK Bill, question for you

Xstr8guy

HDK Bill, question for you

Are you familiar with www.buttmachineboys.com ? They are no longer updating the site and allowing it to go dormant. Why don't you buy the rights to it? I'm sure HDK could make it a huge success.

Xstr8guy
    *bump* 'cause I see Bill is back in the room.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know in all honesty Xstr8guy it would probably be MORE cost effective for HDK to start their own site rather than take over an existing one given the current state of the industry.

They have a huge following and im sure they have an even greater traffic source

Hopefully youll find a home for that traffic soon

Regards,

Lee

TonyKink
    Hey guys when I found that they BMB were no longer updating I inquired as to what they planned to do with existing footage etc. To date I have had no response other than they plan to keep the site running, but have no more updates. :goof: dooooh!

This is a great niche area. Somebody should continue the tradition!

Afterthought...BMB producers/investors probably spend much more time/money on their straight/bi areas. I know that there is no shortage of amatuer and well known guys that could keep updates going for a good while. I believe that there is money to be had here!

Take care....Tony

Dzinerbear
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if a niche is profitable a sponsor will continue to produce content for it.

But I think one needs to read between the lines: If a sponsor is phasing out a site, it's because (a) they can't get content or find models to pose for that content, or (b) the niche is dying out, interest in dwindling and sales are declining.

Obviously, no one is going to put on their site: "We're shutting down because no one is buying."

I think buying a niche site that's being phased out, or starting a new site in that niche, would probably not be overly profitable.

Am I missing something?

Michael

TonyKink
    Hi Michael...First of all congrats on the ManCheck deal. That's awesome.

I was a subscriber of BMB for a year or more. IMHO they were not listening to feedback from their subscribers on their shoots, and it occasionally did get boring and redundant. I may be way off, but I think that it's probably not a dying niche (just yet), but just a management problem. They ran for 3 years, but again a lot of their resources seemed to be aimed more at the straight/bi kink end of their other Cyberentainment ventures.

However, I consider you more of the expert in content and have many more connections than I do. I (and all of this board should)definitely value your input.

Take care...Tony

Xstr8guy
    I think BMB may have suffered from a number of different problems.

1) Poor site design - They have one of the ugliest tours I've ever seen.

2) Lack of direction - They tried to play up the image of the models as being inexperienced or non-anal, sometimes even straight. They should have portrayed these men as sex pigs.

3) Not enough duo or group content

4) Costly content - fewer or smaller updates for such a narrow niche should have been sufficient.

5) Limited understanding of the gay market.

Next to HDK, BMB has been my best sponsor. The rebills have been amazing. Imo, if I could successfully sell BMB... anyone could (I'm far from being a marketing genious). I don't believe for a second that this niche can't be profitable under the right management. I think HDK could do amazing things with BMB... or at least the niche. It just needs to be toughened up and "pigized".

TonyKink
    Hey X, you know that that site design is used in almost every movie/clip that Cybernet Entertainment(I had wrong name in earlier thread)produces. More "pigishness" in this niche would be great! Of course thats just a personal preference.

I would always read the posts about the movies that customers wrote. It was amazing how many "multi-type fetish/niche" people would get into BMB's stuff.

They definitley needed more creativity, and probably much better marketing.

Tony

Xstr8guy
    The site design was very functional... just butt ugly. The should have a more industrial design like some of their banners have.

Dzinerbear
    Originally posted by TonyKink
    However, I consider you more of the expert in content and have many more connections than I do. I (and all of this board should)definitely value your input.
    Thanks Tony, but no, you're wrong, I'm no expert on content. I was just taking a stab at. xstr8guy certainly cleared it up. So it sounds like it wasn't a dying niche at all but not properly promoted. Too bad because they were starting to pick up for me and showed promise.

Oh well, a good opportunity for someone.

Michael

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Butt Machine Boys

Hi xtra8gy,

Sorry to take so long to respond. I'm currently in a wheelchair (broken leg from falling off a boat and trailer) so I'm not on the computer quite a much as usual as I'm still trying to figure out how to get around in a wheelchair and a walker.....man is that a bitch!

I wasn't aware that BMB wasn't updating their site. I haven't been to it in a while but will go and take a look. Their concept is a good one and I think the niche is still a good one.....maybe they just need good models, content and regular updates.

Anyway, thanks for thinking of us......we've got five sites now and they work us to death trying to get updates on them.....gee.....not sure if we need more work.

Thanks,

Bill

Xstr8guy
    Oh man... sorry to hear about your accident, Bill. I hope your recovery is quick!

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Thanks Xxtr8guy

Ugh...they say 2 to 3 months off my leg and wheeling around. Guess it was multiple fractures and kind of a bad series of breaks. They are monitoring it with x-rays. Assuming it heals ok, then I just have to stay off it, it it doesn't, they will need to do surgery and pin it. So....next week...more x-rays.....

Oh well...I'm learning an altogether new skill......wheelchairing!! At least I'm getting back some upper body strength! Probably more than an old fat fart like me needs!

Thanks,

Bill

Dzinerbear

Re: Thanks Xxtr8guy

[i].....wheelchairing!! At least I'm getting back some upper body strength! Probably more than an old fat fart like me needs!
    [/B]
    Bill,

Sounds like a new niche to me: old farts with hard pecs and biceps getting blown in wheelchairs.

I hope you're back to normal soon. BTW, I love your new content site (www.gayadultphotos). Great work!

Best wishes,
    Michael

Xstr8guy
    BTW, I love your new content site (www.gayadultphotos). Great work!
    Yeah, Dzinerbear and I are probably your best customers!