Thread: Anyone using Carma for there tour pages

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar

Anyone using Carma for there tour pages

Is anyone using the Carma content management system from TMM for there tour pages. Or can they list some sites who are. I know Carma can create some interesting stuff like Dynamic tour and join pages that automatically update, when you add content to the members area, to keep your tours fresh. You can also customize the basic templates. Looking to see what is out there, and what some sites are doing with it. I know of a few sites like keithmanheim and i think colinoneal,who are running Carma. Anyone know of any others, or even good site design in general. What are your favorites, and who are converting best for you right now? Any home page and tour page features you really like. ie bigger thumbs, flash video clips, Dynamic tour pages etc.
    Thanks for your input.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I'm not sure, but I think Keith Manheim is running a custom CMS.

The things you're talking about should be simple to do with any decent CMS. I agree that having a fresh tour with content that updates is a good thing, but honestly I think that for a high-performing tour, a focus on the selection of models and pics (and video clips) for the tour will yield the best return in terms of conversion. A fresh and changing tour that's based on a CMS will help, but quality promo vids, great pics, and an appealing design are probably more important.

i'm sure you can do it with carma - heck, you can do it with awiz gold

AMCThorsten
    I think, zbuckz is using carma as far as I know.

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew markwolff's Avatar
    I agree the quality of photos/video and the tour design is most important. Thats why i am interested in who is using Carma or MAS or any other CMS as the backbone to there tour pages, and what kind of custom work they have done around it. I have allways used 100% custom designed sites, they are expensive and sometimes can be a pain in the ass as far as code and making changes and updates go. I am starting to notice a trend of very simple, clean and easy to navigate sites, that seem to be using a CMS as the backbone and that are dynamic.
    Aside from this who do you guys think has a well designed site and tour pages, and what is it that makes it such a good tour.
    Patti i know you review alot of sites, what features in the design and tour pages do you give extra points for, and what things don't you like.