Thread: Carma?

aaronjacob

Carma?

I've read a few posts on this CMS but can anyone let me know what kind of advanced features it has, since http://www.toomuchmedia.com/products/carma/ is a bit scant on information. Things I need to know are:

What kind of advanced search functions are built in? Eg clicking a selection of boxes to search for (for eg) all videos with dark haired guys with big dicks from the UK?

And is there any kind of blog style tagging system - eg tag an update with 'gag', 'spanking' etc and have each of those tags link to a dynamic list of all updates with that tag.

I'm also looking into MAS, which seems to do those things, but I'd like to know more about CARMA before my boss and I make the decision.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    If you give TMM a call, they can schedule a walkthrough over the phone with you and explain everything. It's a full-featured system that's well thought out.

If it were me and I were choosing between CARMA and MAS, there would be no question; I'd choose MAS simply because it's a very mature and stable product, has a HUGE installed base (which I don't think is the case for CARMA) and I think you'll find universal agreement that Mansion's service and support is second to none.

One other thing you might consider is going with a custom CMS. For the kind of money you'll spend with either, you could have something written... but you would do best to find a coder that has experience doing CMS, preferably for the adult industry.

aaronjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    One other thing you might consider is going with a custom CMS. For the kind of money you'll spend with either, you could have something written... but you would do best to find a coder that has experience doing CMS, preferably for the adult industry.
    Right, ok - I'll give them a call, or more likely an email, since I'm in the UK. Thanks for the advice. I would like to hear from a customer first hand though, about things like ease of use/support.

Have you any recommendations for custom coders then? I wouldn't know where to start finding someone who's reliable and has experience with adult? Who has everyone else used?