Thread: roy and sony

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

roy and sony

What a long hard trip it’s been with Sony! I had bought this computer a few years ago and it was awesome, 3.1 on the clock speed on the CPU, 2 gigs’ of ram, media center, and an extra large hard drive and this was a real work horse of a computer. Never had anything wrong with it and couldn’t slow it down no matter what programs that I was running at the same time.

Last month the machine locked up and that was it, the start of my nightmare with Sony. I had bought the extended service contact with them because this is a water cooled computer. Well after dealing with their level two phone people which I might add made the computer even worst he marked me down for in house repair service. He felt that it needed a new hard drive and video card. Also to have XP Media center reloaded in to the computer. After waiting 10 days for them to get back to me, they finally told me that they weren’t sure they where going to fix it. They said because the computer was old and the cost wouldn’t be worth it to them!

So after replacing the Video card, Had to go to Vista, then the sound card and also the TV Tuner the old girl is back and working great! Now the problem is trying to find all the programs that I had. After moving two times I have misplace a lot of the disks.

This is the last time that I’m going to buy anything Sony! I have called the better business and they are sending me the forms to fill out to do a complaint against them.

On top of all this all my book marks are gone, all my passwords are gone, and most also the programs I used are gone. Talk about starting over from fresh and new!

So if you get an e-mail from me asking for my user id or password that’s the reason for it. It’s been close to 20 days since I could anything with my web site and blogs.

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Switch to Mac! You will be very satisfied and never look back! I switched a year ago. :sunny:
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

damn, sounds like al iving hell

i've heard a lot of sony support horror stories, but i actually know a lot of people who've had good experiences with them, as well. when you buy an item, you shouldn't have a 50/50 chance or less of getting good support :-/

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    What a long hard trip it’s been with Sony! I had bought this computer a few years ago and it was awesome, 3.1 on the clock speed on the CPU, 2 gigs’ of ram, media center, and an extra large hard drive and this was a real work horse of a computer. Never had anything wrong with it and couldn’t slow it down no matter what programs that I was running at the same time.

Last month the machine locked up and that was it, the start of my nightmare with Sony. I had bought the extended service contact with them because this is a water cooled computer. Well after dealing with their level two phone people which I might add made the computer even worst he marked me down for in house repair service. He felt that it needed a new hard drive and video card. Also to have XP Media center reloaded in to the computer. After waiting 10 days for them to get back to me, they finally told me that they weren’t sure they where going to fix it. They said because the computer was old and the cost wouldn’t be worth it to them!

So after replacing the Video card, Had to go to Vista, then the sound card and also the TV Tuner the old girl is back and working great! Now the problem is trying to find all the programs that I had. After moving two times I have misplace a lot of the disks.

This is the last time that I’m going to buy anything Sony! I have called the better business and they are sending me the forms to fill out to do a complaint against them.

On top of all this all my book marks are gone, all my passwords are gone, and most also the programs I used are gone. Talk about starting over from fresh and new!

So if you get an e-mail from me asking for my user id or password that’s the reason for it. It’s been close to 20 days since I could anything with my web site and blogs.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Sorry to hear about your experience, but at least Sony came through for you and delivered a working machine.

Two things I highly recommend:

1. Keep all of your important data in a separate directory, or better yet, on a separate internal drive from the main system drive. That way, you can easily back up the data drive or data directory onto an external drive or elsewhere and have all your important info saved.

2. Get a copy of Norton Ghost or DriveImage and make an image of your drive (to a separate, external hard drive) as soon as you get the computer the way you like it (i.e., with applications installed, printers working, etc.) That way, if things go south, you (or a computer tech) can simply restore your image of the drive, and you'll be good to go right where you were when the system was new.

I've done this a number of times now over the years, and it saves a TON of time and also a lot of annoyance and inconvenience.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Gay bucks

Sony didn’t do anything; I did the repairs myself and bought the hardware. The ghost drive sounds really good. I’m happy that I did have a lot of information stored either on one of my servers or on an ex. Hard drive.

Bass chick

It was a living hell and will be for the next week or two trying to get up and running again. I found all my disks but two so in that was im doing good and so far vista is working fine knock on wood. This is a first time that a company will not honor a contact for service

Live twink cams

My brother has a Mac and every time there is an update for his os he has a ton of problems with it, so what I see a Mac has it’s problems to.

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Sounds like your brothers computer is the problem. Mine works fine and every person I know that has a Mac, works perfectly.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I've heard of a few cases of major Mac upgrades going wrong... there were scattered reports of problems with upgrades to Leopard... but on the whole, I agree with Jacob, Macs are recognized pretty much universally to be more stable, less prone to virii and other problems, and much more pleasant to use.

That said, I still use PCs for a lot of things, though we are slowly making the switch over to Macs

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam View Post
    Sounds like your brothers computer is the problem. Mine works fine and every person I know that has a Mac, works perfectly.
    Mac user for many years here. Only had one problem ever. Turned out it was a me thing, not a them thing. Can't say enough good things about Mac.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I got 4 Macs, made 300 movies on them... plus 200 for another studio.

Trying to figure out how to get the G5 to Europe with me! It's a tank, but it works so fine!