Thread: WordPress help!

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar

WordPress help!

I made a mistake and accidentally changed the front page URL setting in my wordpress admin. Now I can't access my wp admin page and the blog index page is all messed up. I don't know what to do to fix this since i'm new to word press. I do have a backup on the entire domain and php files from just before the mess up. Can I restore these php backups or would I need to do something in my database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I made a mistake and accidentally changed the front page URL setting in my wordpress admin. Now I can't access my wp admin page and the blog index page is all messed up. I don't know what to do to fix this since i'm new to word press. I do have a backup on the entire domain and php files from just before the mess up. Can I restore these php backups or would I need to do something in my database? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

access your database directly using phpmyadmin or the like
    select table 'wp_options'
    search for option_name = "siteurl" and set it to http://yourdomain.com
    search for option_name = "home" and set it to http://yourdomain.com

OR contact your host/support to do it for you

that SHOULD fix it
    :-D

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    Thank you so much for your help. It worked! I thought I would be able to fix it like that but wasn't sure.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    You are VERY welcome
    :-D