Thread: Need Some Anti Hacking Help

a vaincre sans peril,on triomphe sans gloire.... donatien's Avatar

Need Some Anti Hacking Help

Hello Guys,

i discovered recently very strange paths on my "not-found " pages,it seems someone is trying to redirect my website to an other processor /other pages,might have build a twin site ..
    please could you suggest me some protection softwares i could put in the ftp ...

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Protection software is not what you need. If you've got pages being served by your server with unusual links in them that you didn't put there, and there's no one else with access who could have done it, it sounds like your server was hacked.

First thing I'd do is get your ISP to look at the server and investigate possible security breaches. If you get a negative from your ISP (unless it's a hyper-competent one like NatNet), I would then get a server security consultant to check the server. You will probably need to have your server patched, possibly have the OS reloaded and site restored from a backup.

There's no possible way that changes can be made to the pages being served by your webserver without someone having access to your server to do so.

and while your host is checking everything out, i'd recommend doing a complete virus and trojan scan of your computer by at least 2 programs. a keystroke logger sort of comes to mind when i hear that someone's site was compromised. either that or a really easy to guess password or one that you use for a bunch of your sponsors and other stuff so that someone who knows you could guess the password.

best of luck getting this sorted out!