Thread: The difference between AEBN and Naked Sword is...?

Camper than a row of tents

The difference between AEBN and Naked Sword is...?

I understand that Naked Sword used to be its own entity and then AEBN bought them, right?

As a webmaster I'm confused about which to promote. Should I sign up with both individually, or does signing up with AEBN get me Naked Sword content?

If they're still treated separately, which is better to promote for a gay site?

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I just passed my 3-year anniversary with AEBN.

AEBN has been incredibly supportive of amateur producers and our models who are not all over the bookstores, and big name studio sites.

Naked Sword turned me down in 2005 and 2006. So when AEBN merged them into the fold in 2007, it made me happy. To me the difference between AEBN and NS is that NS was more big name studio stuff.

Check them out for yourself, and see for yourself. See how you can promote BOTH!

Some customers like big name studios, and some customers like amateur models and niche videos.

It's a BIG Internet, and there's something for everyone.

(The ironic thing, is that the original Naked Sword contacted ME in 1998 or so! I didn't think my stuff was good enough, so I turned THEM down! How dumb that I was offered a seat on the best deal online, years before it really became the best!)

Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    And for something completely different, if you're looking for something really different to promote, Amazon.com has great affiliate programs, and I sell my non-sexual male nude (think Playgirl) DVDs and Books there!

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12149799...t=-releasedate

http://www.Amazon.com/s/qid=12149799...&sort=daterank

Actually, there's quite a bit of erotica on Amazon.com, some of it sexual. But my catalog of 180 items is non-sexual male nude.

And if the customer remains a customer for life, you not only earn revenue of for his/her erotic purchases, but all those other Amazon.com gadgets and toyz they buy.

Look into being a Amazon.com affiliate and sell my stuff! And othr erotica you find there.

Thanks for the Amazon tip Nick... I had not considered that.

On Naked Sword, do you get to promote them if you sign up with AEBN or do they still treat them as a separate entity?

I basically have only been a Studio on AEBN... and was never accepted by Naked Sword. When AEBN merged NS, I never asked about being on NS, too, because I assumed the 2 eventually would become one big pot.

I do have an affiliate account with AEBN, and my sites are basically catalog sites that drive traffic to VOD, or Amazon, I do earn an affiliate payout each month from AEBN in addition to my studio rev, but ...

I'm a studio webmaster and only promote my own stuff... so I would not have the ability to promote NS content, like a blog or TGP would.

So from that point of view, I don't have the experience to answer your question, hopefully others here might...

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    They just merged AEBN and NakedSword affiliate programs.

http://www.avn.com/internet/articles/30978.html

"Gay video-on-demand provider NakedSword has closed its affiliate site NakedDollars and moved its affiliate programs to AEBN."

"NakedSword said the unification of affiliate programs had been part of its plans since the company merged with AEBN in 2007. The transition, taking effect Monday, June 30, will allow affiliates to continue promoting NakedSword, its products and its content with new and existing sales tools, linking codes and statistics."

Well there you go... question answered. Thanks everyone!