Thread: Film Producers.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Without getting deeper into the drama, I think it's reasonable to say that there's been an awful lot of controversy surrounding Sebastian Sloane Productions and its related properties and principals. People need only search the archives here and on the other web boards if they need any further background.

I try my best to reserve judgement on people, and I've never had any personal issues with JJ or DerekKT in spite of the fact that both have said some rather offensive things to me on the boards at times...

However, in this case, I would suggest that anyone who is considering working with this company would probably be wise to search the history of this board and look at the combination of experiences that many people have described, the conflicting statements that JJ himself has made, and draw their own conclusions.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    PS:

While I can imagine someone who had less than ideal ethics doing what Dean described to theoretically test a DMCA situation, I can't imagine why CCBill would take action on a DMCA complaint, unless the site were hosted by Cave Creek.

There's nothing in the DMCA that creates any liability for a third-party billing provider, and anyone with an ounce of sense or understanding of DMCA would know that. Of course, that doesn't stop somebody from trying something dumb.