Thread: Repub commentators caught on open mic the race is "over"

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

Repub commentators caught on open mic the race is "over"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG8w4bb3kg

Republican analysts caught on an open microphone they did not realize was still on -- admitting that the Palin nomination means the race is "over"

Plus genuine not-for-family-values-types use of the word "bullshit"

;-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

some text

(CNN) – Prominent Republican analysts Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy became the latest victims of an open microphone Wednesday, caught after a segment on MSNBC trashing John McCain's pick of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Noonan, a Wall Street Journal columnist and former speechwriter for Ronald Reagan, and Murphy, a campaign strategist and onetime aide to John McCain, can both be heard expressing disbelief with the pick of Palin after they apparently thought they were in a commercial break.

“I come out of the blue swing-state governor world, Engler, Whitman, Thompson, Mitt Romney,” Murphy said during the mishap which has since been posted on YouTube. Murphy later flatly says of the pick, "It's not going to work."

Noonan is heard going even further, saying of the presidential race, "It's over."

"I think they went for this — excuse me– political bulls–t about narratives," Noonan also said. "Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it."

Murphy, who was a senior adviser to John McCain's 2000 presidential bid, also adds, "You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical."
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Teehee.

Karma is remarkable

mrmax
    I think her speech alienated a lot of people. I can't see them winning this now. You could see when she talked about John McCain the crowd wasn't that excited about him .

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    It's so hard to tell.

She won over the wingnut loser Fundy conservatives, the people that if they had their way would shovel all gay people into ovens and the same people who privately refer to Obama as a "spearchucker"... so what it really boils down to is:

-- how much the other lazy assed people who normally don't bother to vote actually get out and vote this year

-- How many of the hundreds of thousands of new registrants (college students, hispanics, african-americans, etc) actually get out and vote

-- How effective Karl Rove and his slime-laden brethren are at rigging voting machines, using sleazy tactics and other things to throw the election

-- How much the sensible people in America really realize the seriousness of the threat and motivate everyone.

The good news is, after her heavily rehearsed theatrical performance reading a script written by a Bush speechwriter for a male vice presidential candidate, a lot of sensible people were suddenly motivated to contribute to Obama, I heard they brought in over 8 million bucks in the last 24 hours from 150,000 donors.

What I *don't* get is why ANYONE thinks that this speech was a "slam dunk" when all she did was read a Teleprompter without making any significant mistakes. I know a lot of people -- including some of our 19 year old twink models -- who could have done that just as well.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    I know a lot of people -- including some of our 19 year old twink models -- who could have done that just as well.
    I know of at least one person that cant even do that properly..... Our current Commander In Chief

Regards,

Lee