Thread: As More And More People Launch Their Own Paysites...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

As More And More People Launch Their Own Paysites...

Is anyone else noticing how traffic numbers are getting lower and lower?

Over the past few years there seem to have been an influx of people launching their own paysites or affiliating themselves heavily with one specific program or paysite, meaning that traffic levels are dropping because they arent spreading it across as many programs as they used to.

Has anyone else noticed this happening with people, it seems like it wont be long before everyone has their own paysite or a program they use exclusively and the traffic is going to be kept 'in-house' by everyone.

I know i started to do that with my paysites, once they were built and ready to start accepting traffic, i dropped about 15 sponsor programs i used on a regular basis and concentrated on sending as much of my traffic as possible to my own sites.

Your thoughts, is this where we are headed in the industry, keeping as much traffic as possible for ourselves and no longer working on things like link trades, etc?

Regards,

Lee

Well, it makes sense that as affiliates create the traffic generating sites, that they'd turn around and use them to their own benefit if and when they do start up their own paysite(s), just as you did.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Well, it makes sense that as affiliates create the traffic generating sites, that they'd turn around and use them to their own benefit if and when they do start up their own paysite(s), just as you did.
    True enough, but do you think that the sponsors that were benefiting from these affiliates traffic sources planned ahead should this happen or do you think they were counting on more affiliates joining their programs?

I guess this thread is more about the longevity of affiliate programs over affiliates more than anything else, as more and more affiliates started to build their own paysites and use their own traffic, do you folks think that the sponsor programs had a game plan for this happening?

I know the one thing i found interesting was that i was being paid $35-$65 for each sale i sent to a PPS sponsor, whilst on my own sites, im making almost $100 per sale for the same types of traffic/surfer.

As more affiliates realize this, are the days for 'public' affiliate programs starting to become numbered? Will everyone eventually have their own paysites to promote, thus no longer needing affiliate programs?

Regards,

Lee

While I always recommend that anyone wanting to start up a paysite also create marketing sites, not everyone is willing to do that. There are producers that are happy to let someone else handle the site design, updating, and marketing aspects ... so with just those producers/site owners you're going to see the affiliate program used extensively.

mrmax
    I think people are making paysites but have lower expectations of how much they will make.
    I can only speak for myself, but I have a much lower expectation of what I can make now than I did 7 years ago

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    And add to that, entrepreneurs who have a specific theme, that can put themselves in the picture... like Deanb.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    HEHEHEHE. In five years every paysite will have the same amount of affiliates. ONE! Themselves.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    That's really interesting that you are saying that, because AJ and I were having a planning meeting last night and came to a similar conclusion.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    There are a lot of types and kinds of paysites

A site comprised of licensed content from the usual sources, non-exclusive or even exclusive, may grow tired quickly because customers 1) recognize the images/videos from other sites, 2) recognize the actors/models from other sites and other works, or 3) recognize the shooter's sets, backgrounds, locations or style.

"Oh, that's so and so's work from Prague."

A site built upon a Star or Point Of View theme will last as long as the supporting actors/models provide new interest. Like Deanb's site - Dean being the thematic device and "his boys" the fresh incentives, or Rob's Military Classified where he has a new guy to blow or get topped by each week...

Can't give one answer to fit all paysites, because there's so many types of paysites.

DudesCash.com affiliates support
    I don't think it is a big problem, lots of marketing tools (blogs, tubes, tgp, ...) need more than a paysite or two promoted in to be interesting. And it isn't so easy to make a good converting paysite (and it is quite expensive to buy contents) so I think I will continue to promote other affiliate programs if I will launch a paysite.

Promoting as an affiliate a paysite I just have marketing costs, no content bills, no high hosting fees, no CC processors fees, no problems with affiliates and customers, just a plain 30$ PPS or a 50% revshare. Less business risks and lower incomes.

I think lots of webmasters will mix high risk (their own paysite) with low risk (working as affiliate) to be sure not to put all the eggs in the same basket :square:

Of course I will delete lots of sponsors I use that doesn't convert so good or that I don't like the way they work.

That's just the business
    :pigs07:Fully 2257 compliant, paying twice a month:khi8g:
    100% hot amateur gay, str8, bi-curious and bisexual guys
    Just at Self Shot Boys . com - contact me for more info and start promoting it at Dudes Cash

No.

To be honest, good sites are going to get found and shitty sites are going to stumble along for a while before dying.

Fratpad, for instance, thanks to a site redesign, a new tour, new cast and splash page, has been going through the roof. Membership is exploding to the point that we're a bit worried about the amount of traffic. But Fratpad has been a labour of love for over two years. Four of us have slaved on that site to get it to the point that it's at. Most people don't have the resources to bank roll a site like that and don't have a team committed to making it work.

We've all seen countless new sites show up, shuffle along and then disappear with little to no fanfare.

Lots of people think they can operate a site. They can't. Running a site, dealing with customers, models, servers, streaming, billing, weekly schedules, shooting and editing content that's actually good... it's more than most people can handle. I always say stick with your strengths. I'd never try to run a blog.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

How long have you been gay?

Traffic

My opinion on this is that traffic is only capable of so much..
    How many TGPs are there?
    How many new affiliate programs arise there every day?

Its a fact that daily Internet is getting about 35000 new users across the globe, but the old users become more and more educated about the sources of their favorite stuff. So no wonder we are facing a problem.
    Adult industry is no longer an easy money maker, it is a business. And if you don't take it seriously, you loose, just like in every other business..