Thread: Adult Revenue Service Sites

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Adult Revenue Service Sites

What's the best way to sell Adult Revenue Service sites? I've got some pretty lousy ratios with them and wonder if anyone can offer tips on how to promote them and get better conversions.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    A few of my friends are actually doing better with the BYOT sites than the actual ARS paysites themselves, ill try and get someone at ARS to post some info in this thread for you on Monday when they get in the office

Regards,

Lee

Interesting, I was talking to someone else and they said the same thing.

It would seem that the program would do something about their regular site tours...they convert really badly....and it says something when amateur produced BYOT's convert better than the tours of the program...

Unless of course, that's just part of the formula that helps their console sales.

Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    amateur produced BYOT's convert better than the tours of the program...
    Amateur designed sites have ALWAYS sold better than professional looking sites, not just for ARS but for every single webmaster program/paysite i have ever promoted.

If a site looks basic in design, its going to sell, because it gives the surfer the feel of the site owner actually being in to the 'niche' even if they arent so the mindset of 'this guy likes the same as me' tends to lend itself to there being more content that the surfer wants to see inside the site.

Regards,

Lee

Agree. And the program certainly knows that. So why not have more amateur tours designed....unless of course the low conversion numbers on the tours feeds the console conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Amateur designed sites have ALWAYS sold better than professional looking sites, not just for ARS but for every single webmaster program/paysite i have ever promoted.

If a site looks basic in design, its going to sell, because it gives the surfer the feel of the site owner actually being in to the 'niche' even if they arent so the mindset of 'this guy likes the same as me' tends to lend itself to there being more content that the surfer wants to see inside the site.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Agree. And the program certainly knows that. So why not have more amateur tours designed....unless of course the low conversion numbers on the tours feeds the console conversions.
    The problem is, affiliates wont promote tours that look 'amateur' in style if that is all a program offers, they want tours to have flashy, bells and whistle designs because most affiliates think that is what sells, unfortunate but true.

So, in order to attract affiliates programs have to have professionally designed tours, even if they dont sell, at least to get the affiliate in the door so to speak.

Its the same reason programs launch hundreds and thousands of FHGs, most of them never make any sales for affiliates but, for whatever reason, affiliates like having them in a program LOL

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Their HSN gay cams sell very well for me.

the best selling BYOTs for me were very professional in appearance - not amateurish at all - and performed much better than the ars sites. i suspect it's because ars has designers do their sites, and designers don't usually understand the site niches or test their designs to see what sells. the guys who do their own byot's actually know and understand the niches they're promoting and how to market it.