Thread: Brad Pitt

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.

Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt donates money to support gay marriage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/...ople_brad_pitt

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight California's November ballot initiative that would overturn the state Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.
    ADVERTISEMENT

It's the first time voters will be asked to decide the issue in either California or Massachusetts — the states where gays have won the right to wed.

"Because no one has the right to deny another their life, even though they disagree with it, because everyone has the right to live the life they so desire if it doesn't harm another and because discrimination has no place in America, my vote will be for equality and against Proposition 8," Pitt said Wednesday.

Trevor Neilson, Pitt's political and philanthropic adviser, told The Associated Press that Pitt was surprised that his colleagues in the entertainment industry had not donated more money to support the battle against Proposition 8.

Earlier in the week, Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced they donated $2 million to help fight HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Ethiopia.

I don't understand why this is even an issue in the US (says the smug Canadian) since the US Constitution is quite clear on this point.

But, the religious right will find a way.

What a shame, I hope that this helps draw some positive attention and mobilizes liberals and the left to ensure that this ruling is not overturned.

I'm more interested to hear what people here who live in the US and the states in question have to say, though.

In Canada, there was a split second where the govt pulled the same bs, but it was just political posturing so that our conservative party could maintain some of it's support base. No one ever thought the ruling would be overturned and yet everyone I know wrote to their representatives and reminded them that loud and bigoted minorities do not speak for us.

Best wishes to you all - my heart goes out to those who are facing the prospects of their MARRIAGE BEING OVERTURNED!!! This is not just a ruling changing, this is saying to all the people who've been married.... yeah, sorry, that ceremony you had? it no longer counts.

Mary
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Brad Pitt was given flack a while back. He was asked why he hasn't married Angelina Jolie... he answered "Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able."

Remember Jolies brothers is totally Gay and she was out about various Gay relationships she's been in. I think it's great they're waiving the Gay flag :cheerleader:

It's much appreciated. Thank you Pitt and Jolie!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

703_Angel
    I love that Brad Pitt is being extremely generous and other celebrities (who are actually GAY!) are not. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by 703_Angel View Post
    I love that Brad Pitt is being extremely generous and other celebrities (who are actually GAY!) are not. WTF?
    Could they be losing millions in the current market?

Does it seem as if everyone is tightening the purse strings in our current financial crisis?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com