Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are Some Of The Most Beautiful Countries In The World..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Why Are Some Of The Most Beautiful Countries In The World..

The ones that have the most violence and terrorism in them?

Israel, Palestine, Former Yugoslavia, Columbia, Beruit, Turkey, etc...

All of these places are absolutely gorgeous and they all seem to be devastated by destruction, from terrorist groups or the countries governments.

What is it about countries with some of the best natural beauty in the world turning themselves in to piles of dirt?

Regards,

Lee

mrmax
    religion

Quote Originally Posted by mrmax View Post
    religion
    Drug wars have nothing to do with religion though

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I think the most beautiful places on the planet are mostly uninhabitable. The desert around Phoenix, the Rocky Mountains, Alaska, rain forests, and beach front property that gets wiped out by hurricanes to name a few. Chicago land is not really a beautiful area, but millions live there because it was close to food, water, and transportation. Montana is incredible but not really that well populated.

I think religion has a lot to do with the strife, but also a strange sense of Us vs. Them and This is Our Farmland. Fear of "others" that are not like "us" is an unfounded reason for strife --just look at how immigration is an issue in the United States. The neocons seem to hate brown people moving in, but Mexicans have strong religious beliefs and strong family values -- things the neocons claim to support but they don't like brown people who hold the same beliefs.

My solution is 3 fold:

1. Government needs to be secular -- no religious influences. Teach children math, science, history, and languages in school and if children need religious training they can get that at home or in their parents church. If children need to pray they can pray before school, at lunch, or between classes but religion has no place in schools or government.

2. Legalize pot. People who smoke pot do not get in fights. They also relax and have sex. Relaxation and sex reduce stress, and stress reduction reduces fighting.

3. Legalize prostitution. How many suicide bombers would stay home if they just got laid more often??

I know that writing this prevents me from ever running for president or being appointed to the Supreme Court.

They can take my pen from me when they pull it from my cold dead hand.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Israel, Palestine, Former Yugoslavia, Columbia, Beruit, Turkey, etc...

All of these places are absolutely gorgeous and they all seem to be devastated by destruction, from terrorist groups or the countries governments.
    Colombia is the most georgeous country I have been to date yet it is iniltratred by rebellion troops. Turkey... I am really wondering why it it on your list because I can not see devestation or the amount of terrorism as in the rest of your list and we are owning a flat there for little more then 20 yrs now

Anyways... Liberia and Sierra Leone should be on your list. Yesterday we saw a documentation about them two and the footage was awesome; rain forests with broad rivers, sandy beaches and the civil war which still seems to be going on. Freetown and Monrovia are probably the cities you recognize.
    :-D

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good. C1R_Andy's Avatar

Good Shit Chad for Supreme Court

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    1. Government needs to be secular -- no religious influences.
    2. Legalize pot.
    3. Legalize prostitution.

I know that writing this prevents me from ever running for president or being appointed to the Supreme Court.
    Hell Chad...with those three changes I'd TOTALLY vote for you!!!

okay, we'll i'd probably vote for you regardless...but i'm all for your campaign!!

:yeah:
    Make Money on EVERYTHING we sell!!
    andy@c1r.com - ICQ: 486009134
    http://www.channel1releasing.com/affiliates

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I think the most beautiful places on the planet are mostly uninhabitable. The desert around Phoenix, the Rocky Mountains, Alaska, rain forests, and beach front property that gets wiped out by hurricanes to name a few. Chicago land is not really a beautiful area, but millions live there because it was close to food, water, and transportation. Montana is incredible but not really that well populated.

I think religion has a lot to do with the strife, but also a strange sense of Us vs. Them and This is Our Farmland. Fear of "others" that are not like "us" is an unfounded reason for strife --just look at how immigration is an issue in the United States. The neocons seem to hate brown people moving in, but Mexicans have strong religious beliefs and strong family values -- things the neocons claim to support but they don't like brown people who hold the same beliefs.

My solution is 3 fold:

1. Government needs to be secular -- no religious influences. Teach children math, science, history, and languages in school and if children need religious training they can get that at home or in their parents church. If children need to pray they can pray before school, at lunch, or between classes but religion has no place in schools or government.

2. Legalize pot. People who smoke pot do not get in fights. They also relax and have sex. Relaxation and sex reduce stress, and stress reduction reduces fighting.

3. Legalize prostitution. How many suicide bombers would stay home if they just got laid more often??

They can take my pen from me when they pull it from my cold dead hand.
    I'm afraid your career in politics is over, Chad. Your rebellious ideas would improve our country one hundred fold. Now tell me, who's going to profit??? If you have a society where people get along and everything works smoothly the high muckity mucks will not be able to make millions off of the cattle... oops, I mean people. Keeping religion in schools ensures fighting and hatred between those of differing beliefs and especially between the righteous and the sinners, making sure it becomes learned in schools and carried out in society. And while we can tax the sale of alcohol, we know people aren't going to go through the trouble of building a still in their basements but if we legalize pot, who's to say everyone won't grow their own. They make more through fines and arrests than they would through taxation. It's not about bettering the country it's about making a buck.

I'm in a bad mood today, can you tell?

And while I'm on a roll. I remember back in the 90's I went to see Pink Floyd at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh. There was tailgating and people were having a wonderful time. Everyone was making friends and being happy and yes, the smell of herb was wafting through the air, as is frequent at a Pink Floyd concert. Everything was peaceful and everyone was just there to enjoy the show and feel good. Next thing you know the cops were there. Not only where they handing out citations, they had actually erected a makeshift court somewhere in the stadium. They were pulling people out of the concert for smoking pot, charging and sentencing them on the spot and then returning them to a concert they paid highly for but would not enjoy. The following week the Pittsburgh Steelers had a football game. The legal consumption of alcohol was quite prevalent and the cops turned a blind eye on the open beers in the parking lot because it was all in the name of "team spirit". People got drunk, there were fist fights over disagreements in teams, there were people being rowdy, people vomiting, people getting injured, and destruction of property. But that was okay. Team spirit and legal alcohol. I know it's an old story but sadly, nothing has changed. Alcohol is still legal and pot isn't. I don't even smoke pot but I think the fact that it isn't legal is the stupidest thing.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

GWW Community Member Ethan Masters's Avatar
    I think Jamaica is beautiful, and there's no fighting or destruction down there because they're all too poor and stoned to fight or own a gun. I've gone there several times and love it, and the scuba diving off the coast on the eastern side of the island is breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Masters View Post
    I think Jamaica is beautiful, and there's no fighting or destruction down there because they're all too poor and stoned to fight or own a gun. I've gone there several times and love it, and the scuba diving off the coast on the eastern side of the island is breathtaking.
    Seriously? You have never heard of the in-fighting in Jamaica?

The slums of jamaica are some of the most violent going, do a search on Google you will find lots of stories about people getting killed for no apparent reason in Jamaica.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Seriously? You have never heard of the in-fighting in Jamaica?

The slums of jamaica are some of the most violent going, do a search on Google you will find lots of stories about people getting killed for no apparent reason in Jamaica.

Regards,

Lee
    Yeah, and don't dare tell them you're gay. Some guys were gay bashed there awhile ago and their government basically made a statement saying something to the effect that they were being told they had to apologize but didn't want to because the gay men shouldn't have come there in the first place.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Being gay is against their religion, which is fine because it's their life/country/religion. I had traveled all across the country and never heard of any instances of violence or random murders, so I consider myself fortunate to enjoy the true beauty of the country without the negativity behind it. As far as the gay thing goes, just don't wear a sign around your head and you should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Masters View Post
    Being gay is against their religion, which is fine because it's their life/country/religion. I had traveled all across the country and never heard of any instances of violence or random murders, so I consider myself fortunate to enjoy the true beauty of the country without the negativity behind it. As far as the gay thing goes, just don't wear a sign around your head and you should be fine
    Oh, I see. It's against their religion. So it's okay for them to beat visiting tourists and guests who don't abide by their religion.

And about not wearing a sign on your head... how about I don't give my money to a country that promotes violence against homosexuals. And you know, I don't think anyone should have to hide their homosexuality anywhere they go.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Really...

Fuck Jamaica!

You want a nice tropical island with great scuba diving then go to Puerto Rico!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

How long have you been gay?
    [QUOTE=chadknowslaw;237241
    My solution is 3 fold:

1. Government needs to be secular -- no religious influences. Teach children math, science, history, and languages in school and if children need religious training they can get that at home or in their parents church. If children need to pray they can pray before school, at lunch, or between classes but religion has no place in schools or government. Or if you haveta teach, tell kids it's OK to be gay!!!

They can take my pen from me when they pull it from my cold dead hand.[/QUOTE]

Right on!!! Most of that is already in place in Canada --- and we can also get married if you are especially vanilla ... :groovy:
    Last edited by Bodhi; 09-22-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spacebar

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    Fuck Jamaica!

You want a nice tropical island with great scuba diving then go to Puerto Rico!
    Interesting enough there bud, i'm hoping to go to Puerto Rico early next year, followed by 2 weeks in Europe with my boy. =)