Thread: Why Do We Have Recurring Every 30 Days?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Do We Have Recurring Every 30 Days?

I was just wondering about this, why is it that we have recurring memberships every 30 days instead of a shorter period of time like every week?

Who was it that decided 30 days was the 'norm' for recurring memberships, has anyone ever tried doing recurring memberships every 7 days instead through their own merchant account? If so, did it work as well as every 30 days did?

I would imagine you could probably setup a 7 day recurring membership for around $10-$15 and it would still rebill as well as a monthly recurring and make more profit in the long run also.

What are your folks thoughts on this, why is 30 days the norm for recurring memberships?

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I was thinking the same - but maybe its cuz the user notices the deduction on his credet card /bank account faster and then cancells the billing...

Right not I have two sites on which I charge €50 / 30 Days I also would love to go 15€ / week
    :-D

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar
    maybe is because normally all is mensual :-)
    telephone bill, internet access, the gym, the parking for the car, credit cards ... and lot more.

I have seen some weekly and bi-weekly recurring memberships in the Mainstream.

Some of the big sites dealing with social dynamics (how to get a date) are doing upwards of $80 per month, but they do it in bi-weekly or weekly billings.

The Trick they use is to use odd numbers with this style of billing.
    They don't cut the $80 into even slices, rather they'll do two or three slices of weird amounts like $23.71
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    Some of the big sites dealing with social dynamics (how to get a date) are doing upwards of $80 per month, but they do it in bi-weekly or weekly billings.
    That is actually what made me start thinking about this topic, im currently putting together the finishing touches on an e-book affiliate program and several online 'sites' dealing with a similar subject matter, and i know the billing methods they use in non-adult are extremely profitable, im just wondering why they arent being used in adult with the same kind of response from members.

Regards,

Lee

I was always under the impression that the billing companies we use and merchant accounts we use put restrictions on the adult markets.

But, if you are using your own merchant account and a processor company like Jettis or others, you can basically write your own sales process.

In adult, though, we walk a finer line. The cc companies are just waiting to shut us down. But there are still ways.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Lee -- that just made me think about WHEN the billing happens. Some companies (like my utilities) let me choose my billing date so it happens at the time of the month my bank account is at its fattest. Has anyone ever explored letting the surfer choose recurring billing date??
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Think like Your Consumer...

Very good question - I had this very issue this week with a client...

One of the main reasons is simply because of the consumer - if the same 7-day recurring charge shows up four times on one credit card statement for the consumer, it can cause alarm.

Chargebacks increase simply because some members freak out and think they are being scammed.
    Multiple charges at the same price from the same company....ick.
    Gary
    CCBill