Thread: WOW! - Would This Ever Happen In America?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WOW! - Would This Ever Happen In America?

Ministers were accused yesterday of secretly allowing sharia law to be used in Britain.

Some Muslim communities already use the Islamic courts to settle civil disputes, such as domestic violence, divorce and inheritance claims. The judgements in the cases are then enforced through county courts or the High Court.

Conservatives accused the Government of undermining centuries of British law, prompting fears that sharia law could be soon be used in some criminal cases.

Shadow Home Secretary, Dominic Grieve, said: "I'd like to know which courts are enforcing the rulings because I consider such action unlawful British law is absolute and must remain so."

The Muslim tribunals are exploiting a loophole in the Arbitration Act 1996 which allows sharia courts to be classified as arbitration courts - with their rulings binding in law. Sheikh Faiz-ul-Aqtab Siddiqi, chairman of the Muslim Arbitration Tribunal, said: "The act allows disputes to be resolved using alternatives such as tribunals."

There are five courts in Birmingham, London, Bradford and Manchester. They have dealt with 100 cases since 2007.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-20737381/

Can you ever see Sharia law being used in the United States because of a loophole in the law books? Its obvious these 'tribunals' are actually dishing out their own form of 'law' based on the cities they are located in, especially since these cities have huge Muslim populations.

I once drive through Bradford, i think i was the only white person to be seen during the drive through the city.

Regards,

Lee

I know they have this problem in Australia as well.

There are public schools with nothing but Muslims following Muslim tradition and there was a big uproar about it a few years back.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I think the use of Sharia law probably does happen in the US. There have been instances in Canada as well where domestic disputes were "solved" by the community elders rather than through the court system.

I put the word "solved" in quotation marks as no person of western descent would consider these rulings appropriate as they elders always find in favour of the man, no matter what he has done.

The difference in Canada is that these judgements are not considered legal in the court system and would not be enforced.

But, in situations where the entire city or community, including the enforcement officials, are muslim I could see the potential of this occurring.

Doesn't England still use the travelling magistrates? They go from city to city to rule in certain cases to ensure that the laws are standard throughout the country. Are they ignoring these cities perhaps?

Odd - but I'm glad to hear that they are clamping down on it. Sharia law is grossly unfair to women and children as its base assumption is that they are the property of the husband, and have no rights of their own. That may not have been the original intention of the laws, but it is certainly how they are practised.

Mary
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.