Thread: BionicPixels Launches GearEssentials.com!

BDBionic

BionicPixels Launches GearEssentials.com!

GearEssentials.com

The GearEssentials project was, for us, a particularly fun one. We essentially (pun! whee!) took this project from the ground up.
    The clients came to us with an awesome product and a vision. However, that was just about it! Knowing it was a high quality product - stainless steel cockrings! - we wanted all aspects of GearEssentials' online presentation to reflect just that. "The Tiffany of Cock Rings", we called it around the office.
    BionicPixels designed not just the site, but the GearEssentials logo, print posters and brochures, business cards, catalogs, and other offline branding material as well as the website - creating an all around impression that made an impact, represented the product, and was consistent throughout.

Simple and classy. It's reflected throughout the website and offline branding material. Lots of black and silver, lots of chrome. A very simple flash presence on the site that was well presented yet not distracting or annoying. We wanted the flash and presentation of the site to compliment the product - not distract from it. Photography of products as well as models, scenery and overall imagery that retained that simplicity and class. A kind of industrial elegance. Machinery. Gears. Metal. Hot, ripped guys working and sweating hard in black and white.

The site's structure is smooth and functional just like the products it presents and sells. Menus at the top and on the left that blend in to the site while at the same time easing navigation, while not trading aesthetics for efficiency and ease of use. Copy that is precise and informative. Flash that fits rather than shows off. Lighting schemes and aspects present in not only the photography but also the menus and tables.

The entire backend we integrated as well, programming and implementing, building and developing. Allowing the site to not only be a resource for retail distributors of their product, but end users who can buy directly from GearEssentials as well with a fully functional online store.

You'd think it could be pretty difficult to present a product such as cockrings in an elegant manner. But the clients knew they had a product for their own discerning clientele and so we sought out to present an on and offline presence and image that reflected just that. But never losing site of the raw, sexual energy the product is there for.

It's one of the more extensive projects we've worked on, but hopefully you'll agree it turned out great!

If you're interested in offering your clients and surfers the GearEssentials products, definitely feel free to contact them via their website!
    We're also looking to develop a revenue sharing program with them, allowing webmasters to compliment their product offerings and make these awesome products available to their surfers.

In the meantime, hope you enjoy the site!

AusCoding Allan
    Wow,

Really love the new site, particularly the colour selection and the integration with the black and white photos, almost makes me want to buy one (I guess this was the intent).

Cheers,

Allan

Pixxxel
    Very nice design! Reminds me of a jewelry store website, heh. You outdid yourself

Michael

BDBionic
    Originally posted by ozmalegalleries
    Wow,

Really love the new site, particularly the colour selection and the integration with the black and white photos, almost makes me want to buy one (I guess this was the intent).

Cheers,

Allan
    hehe thanks! they are pretty darn nifty products. when I first saw them I shivered at the thought of cold steel on Mr. Happy. But apparently they do an excellent job of absorbing and retaining body heat right away so that isn't an issue. I ain't a cockring user myself but these ones have my curiosity sparked.

BDBionic
    Originally posted by Pixxxel
    Very nice design! Reminds me of a jewelry store website, heh. You outdid yourself

Michael
    thanks! hehe jewelry is what totally comes to mind.
    half facetiously, we wanted to call them "Engorgement Rings". hehe

Jason
    Originally posted by BDBionic
    thanks! hehe jewelry is what totally comes to mind.
    half facetiously, we wanted to call them "Engorgement Rings". hehe
    LMAO!