Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Initial Monthly With Higher Recurring?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Low Initial Monthly With Higher Recurring?

I was wondering if anyone had tried this billing model on their paysites and if so, how well it worked for you in terms of generating additional revenue?

Right now im considering lowering the initial price on the Condom Cash sites down to $19.95 for the first month but, having them rebill from the 2nd month onwards at $39.95.

Would this be something that would attract more surfers to become members do you think if they had a lower initial or do you think that it could actually have an adverse affect on sales?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

I've changed my pricing to:

9.95 7 day trial, recurs @ $24.95 a month

$19.95 first month recurs @ $24.95 (billed as $5 off first month)

$34.95 for 2 months recurs @ same every two months.

I did this a few days ago and I've gotten a lot of trials, none of which have canceled so far, and I've maintained (the recent) normal sales for monthly memberships. It works well for me.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had tried this billing model on their paysites and if so, how well it worked for you in terms of generating additional revenue?

Right now im considering lowering the initial price on the Condom Cash sites down to $19.95 for the first month but, having them rebill from the 2nd month onwards at $39.95.

Would this be something that would attract more surfers to become members do you think if they had a lower initial or do you think that it could actually have an adverse affect on sales?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee
    I think most surfers would just cancel. I can see the logic in Squirt's pricing though. But double the price, I just don't see it at all.

I like the pricing of this site....
    http://www.straightcollegemen.com/joinnow.html

Why not get the bulk of the membership up front and give the surfer a reason to continue to be a member.

$40 is a high price point from my experience to keep rebillers.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Doesnt seem to be worrying the members we have currently on the Condom Cash sites, the initial and the recurring has been $40 for the last 18-24 months and we havent had any issues with more members cancelling over the pricing structure we had previously $0.02

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    They pay $40 for Condom Cash sites? Maybe McCain will get elected after all. :uhoh:
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Me, Too - but the sponsor I promote right now charges €50 (about 75$) per month *HUURRRAAAY*

the pricing structure of SCM really IS interesting... and I somehow like it, too
    :-D

you will get LOADS of chargebacks on that billing model.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I can imagine having LOTS of chargebacks when you bill an increasing price... however what if we'd do it like SCM and have a declining pricetag?

Do customers when they see the next creditcard bill "oh wow i thought it was more expensive but they reduced prices" or are they confused cuz they thoguth it'll rebill at the initial rate?

With the incrising price I can imagine they think its a scam or ripoff of some sort...

Just an update.. my 7 day trial brought in a lot of subscriptions :bananacock:

so I modified it to a 3 day trial at $9.95 renewing at $24.95 and no loss in trial subscriptions or 30 day recurring! :cheerleader:

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I've changed my pricing to:

9.95 7 day trial, recurs @ $24.95 a month

$19.95 first month recurs @ $24.95 (billed as $5 off first month)

$34.95 for 2 months recurs @ same every two months.

I did this a few days ago and I've gotten a lot of trials, none of which have canceled so far, and I've maintained (the recent) normal sales for monthly memberships. It works well for me.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    That has got to be the worst billing model you could ever try
    Why would anyone stay a member when they know they can cancel and rejoin for $19.95

If anything lower the rebill price

Quote Originally Posted by BBweb View Post
    That has got to be the worst billing model you could ever try
    Why would anyone stay a member when they know they can cancel and rejoin for $19.95

If anything lower the rebill price
    I guess that also holds true for trials then, why would anyone rebill from a trial when they can just cancel and join again for $1.

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    I guess that also holds true for trials then, why would anyone rebill from a trial when they can just cancel and join again for $1.

Regards,

Lee
    2-3 days VS 30 days

Go ahead and try it just trying to save you some pain

Regards,

Lee
    Cuz people are layzy and forget they joined, then the rebill takes place, a month passes, people go to their banks to pull their account sheets, notice the debit for "something" and cancel, or they just say "nah, its not worth it" and totally forget it.

I bill €1 trials for 3 day, then €50 for 30 days....

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    The problem with these $1 trial sales is that they have cross sales at the bottom of them, and no one bitches, well except VISA now. Apparently VISA is having a meeting next month on the cross sale issue. Which, I am for one, happy about! Every trial sale that one makes, it is a lost customer that we can't have for the rest of us. Fuck them, and I hope VISA says the same.

Regards,

Lee
    ICQ# 200-385-093

I couldn't agree more.

We have these sponsors on boards pretending to be Mr. Nice Guy to everyone while having $1 cross sells with boxes checked in advance, or completely hidden. Then they get all afraid and make posts wondering why Visa is having a meeting regarding cross sails.

It's people like that which give the industry a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    The problem with these $1 trial sales is that they have cross sales at the bottom of them, and no one bitches, well except VISA now. Apparently VISA is having a meeting next month on the cross sale issue. Which, I am for one, happy about! Every trial sale that one makes, it is a lost customer that we can't have for the rest of us. Fuck them, and I hope VISA says the same.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com