Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Site Owners Really Hear From Surfers/Members?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do Site Owners Really Hear From Surfers/Members?

Because i can honestly say, in the last few years since Condom Cash has been up and running i have heard from maybe 10-15 surfers/members total and most of them were for technical support issues with Evidence Wipe.

I dont understand why some people seem to have a lot of contact with their 'members' or site visitors, is this the norm?

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    We have a forum and a very loyal following. 10-15 member emails would be the number we get on a slow day.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

We

get feedback almost daily and it really does help with making the site better.

Yes, I answer each of them so they KNOW that their concerns are being addressed by the WEBMASTER.

LEE
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

i hear from members about their favorite models or about what they'd like to see in videos. for example, several members want our most muscular guys to loudly proclaim "I"M HUGE!" to the camera

So you think this is just a hassle that site owners with exclusive content have to deal with?

Ive spoken to a few large PPS program owners tonight also and they told me that they never really hear from their members either unless it is about a tech issue.

Regards,

Lee

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.
    When I was diong AVS sites I once got an email from a guy who was really impressed with a specific model photo set. Since it was all purchased and licensed content, I replied explaining that I did not have contact with the model but I was happy to send him another set featuring this twink that I had not published yet for his personal viewing pleasure.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    We get comments on a pretty regular basis. Suggestions, comments about which models they particularly like, what scenarios they want to see, etc.

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    While we get a good number of these typically after the updates. The comments are valuable but stats are far more important. Three huge fans of one particular model writing over and over should never offset the unique counts.

What surfers say they want and what they really do are two different things.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good. C1R_Andy's Avatar
    We get all kinds of emails...from tech support to messages about models to people's weirdest thoughts/fantasies...

The emails can be fun...but it's the phone calls that are the most entertaining! Especially since my name is first on the dial by name directory...which most of the weirdos like to go through.
    Make Money on EVERYTHING we sell!!
    andy@c1r.com - ICQ: 486009134
    http://www.channel1releasing.com/affiliates

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    we hear a lot of good things all the time from our members - mostly because our stuff is good but also because we are REAL people who really run our site - and people like to have personal contact with us - we also give them good stuff when they contact us...

getting positive responses from people makes us feel good and when we feel good, we produce more -

When I was at Fratmen, I'd get maybe 30 emails a day from members.

some were tech support, some were kudos for a scene they liked, many were with suggestions for new scenes (none of which we'd ever do), some were complaints about lack of/too much body hair, some were offers of "modeling" work from creeps, some were requests for "private meetings" with models....
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

I Love Sun and Fun
    We get hundreds of comments on the CollegeDudes247 site itself each week (in fact we have received over 10K comments since launch), emails, and instant messages from members and visitors. Rather than being a hassle, it is a great way to get feedback from consumers. I agree with Alex that stats are better, but we have found that comments are a relatively good proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    While we get a good number of these typically after the updates. The comments are valuable but stats are far more important. Three huge fans of one particular model writing over and over should never offset the unique counts.

Oh, and then there's the 800 number that Fratmen has.

When a good model would come out, people would call just to tell us they liked him or if a guy came out that people didn't like, we'd hear about it... trust me, we'd hear about it.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

How long have you been gay?
    As a relatively new site I had hoped to get more member/surfer comments because I think the info is valuable as to what they like and don't like. But OnTheHunt averages maybe 3-5 comment or support emails per day. Retention has been really good so far so I guess I like to think no news is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    True enough Alex, the same is also true for webmasters

Regards,

Lee