Thread: How Have You Cut Or Reduced Your Overheads?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought How Have You Cut Or Reduced Your Overheads?

As this is something that is very rarely talked about on the various adult industry message boards, i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can all discuss the various ways there are to reduce both our fixed and variable business overheads.

For those of you that dont know what the difference is between these different types of overheads...

A Fixed Overhead - A cost that does not change based on sales volume, for example, rent, salaries, business insurance, etc.

Variable Overhead - A cost that DOES change on a regular basis, for example, bandwith costs, affiliate payouts, electricity bill, etc.

The main thing we have done to reduce our business costs in the past couple of years is consolidate our domains to one cheaper registrar, in our instance, GoDaddy, where we used to pay $12-$15 for a domain registration or renewal, we now only pay $6.95 per new registration and renewal.

In addition, we have started to turn off equipment that isnt being used a lot more, external hard drives, 2nd and 3rd monitors, also changing out lightbulbs to those energy saving ones have saved us easily $250 a year on our electricity costs.

Another thing that i have noticed im doing is using free site and gallery templates a lot more than i used to these days, whereas i used to use a template maybe 10-15 times before changing it, these days i seem to be heading towards 20-30 times in order to save on time costs.

So what methods of reducing your business overheads have you folks used over the past few years? Have you even considered doing this?

With the economy tanking like it is now, are you going to be making changes to yoru business in order to keep more of the income your business generates?

Regards,

Lee

I have a bad habit of leaving the big screen on in the other room while I work on the computer.

To save on expenses I've started turning off the big screen and using my computers TV/Cable viewer to hear the TV while I work. I dunno why but having the TV background sound going helps me focus while I work
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

No no i'm really handsome, all the lesbians love me.
    Hmmmm, I changed the lightbulbs also. When I go out away from the computer, I now put it in sleep mode. I unplug some devices that are not being used often that plug into the wall through an adaptor box, as I believe some of those use power even when the actual device is not being used.