Hey there,

I know that sometimes we don't all have the money to be shelling out for all kinds of programs, so I thought I'd share a few programs I have been using for some time now. Totally free and with no obligations or trial crap either. And they're legit freeware of course. While I still bought and use Photoshop and some other programs for the more heavier creations, these 2 are great for basic image sizing, borders, and some other cool things.

PhotoPlus6

t's a few years old but has never let me down for the simpler things. However, believe it or not, you can create basic animated gifs with it. By far the best free image editing program I've ever used, it's quite easy to figure out and has quite a few features. It's no Photoshop, but for free you can't beat it IMO. Be sure to download 6, as 8 isn't free. And yes, you can even work with layers with it.

Photofiltre

Not nearly as robust as PhotoPlus6, it has some really cool features. It loads fast, doesn't crash on you, and offers up a decent size menu of filters and whatnot.

Hope these will help those who are a bit broke or can't afford a huge fee for an editor. And in this business, we all need them.

Peace