Thread: Images Types That You Use More Often Than Others?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought Images Types That You Use More Often Than Others?

Im guessing for 99.99% of us its going to be ,jpg at #1 but other than that, do you folks use any other different types of image file types, .gifs im guessing will be a close second but what about .bmp, .png, and other types of image?

It seems like these image file extensions arent really used a lot in the adult industry, im just curious if anyone here actually uses them, especially .bmp, i know i havent used a bitmap image for at least 8 years LOL

Regards,

Lee

i use gifs when an image is mostly a primary color - they're a lot smaller (and faster to load) than jpgs.

i see paysites using bitmaps for their vidcaps in their member areas and it makes no sense to me. they're easily 4x as large in file size as they need to be :-/

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I think that possibly one of the reasons that paysites use .bmps as screencaps is that Premiere and a couple of other programs create .bmps as the default image type for screencaps and people are either not savvy enough or don't pay attention to the fact they can change that.

We use almost exclusively .jpgs. .gifs in a few cases where they are noticeably smaller, and .pngs occasionally. For really high-res (such as for printing) we use either .pdf or .tif.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    btw, wasn't the .png format supposed to be the newer, superior image format, that didn't have the patent problems of .jpg, supported transparency, and had better compression technology than .jpg?

Seems to me that .jpg is still by far the major image format in use. Is it because it's actually superior to .png, or because people are used to it?

Dzinerbear
    I find pngs are too big, bigger the jpegs, so I still use the latter almost exclusively.

Michael