Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show Me THE MONEY!!!

Can I spank someone? badboysfilms's Avatar

Show Me THE MONEY!!!

For what I can see in the Gay Adult business is that there are alot of Affiliate programs out there that just don't make you a dime. Then there are those that do. WHERE??? I have not found one and don't believe that you do make any big bucks from them. It is a bit here a bit there but nothing to talk about.
    I started in 2000 doing this on the web but really started in 93 with a BBS running a WildCat System with multi lines, gave out email address in 94, and access to the internet. Most didn't know what the hell email was.
    Anyway I had a full gay adult section that was hidden from the mainstream and had over 20,000 pics and some videos that you could download. At 2,400 baud it would take forever but things got fast, anyway move totally to the internet joined a few affiliate programs and made a few bucks.
    Still today making a few bucks nothing to jump up and down about. So show me the money. I have affiliate programs with most of the big guys and many others that many talk about here and am still waiting. I have sent thousands to sites and get shit back. One site 25 thousand in one month and nothing different. Another site 40,0000 nothing not one sale and others are making thousands from the same. I have increased my Google hits to one site 10 times from a few hundreds to thousands and nothing. Others making big bucks to same. So what is this why are my site bad, do I not have the correct key works my TGP and MPG sites are the same as any other out there.

Well I just don't know but I not giving up. If I send 5,000 to a site I expect 1 sale at least. Or is it now 1,000,000 per sale?

:nobody:
    BadBoysFilms

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    How are you promoting your sites/sponsors?

Are you just building a new vod/paysite and waiting for people to find it or are you actually promoting it through the use of galleries, free sites, ppc campaigns etc?

Regards,

Lee

not my fault

Quote Originally Posted by badboysfilms View Post
    For what I can see in the Gay Adult business is that there are alot of Affiliate programs out there that just don't make you a dime. Then there are those that do. WHERE??? I have not found one and don't believe that you do make any big bucks from them. It is a bit here a bit there but nothing to talk about.
    I started in 2000 doing this on the web but really started in 93 with a BBS running a WildCat System with multi lines, gave out email address in 94, and access to the internet. Most didn't know what the hell email was.
    Anyway I had a full gay adult section that was hidden from the mainstream and had over 20,000 pics and some videos that you could download. At 2,400 baud it would take forever but things got fast, anyway move totally to the internet joined a few affiliate programs and made a few bucks.
    Still today making a few bucks nothing to jump up and down about. So show me the money. I have affiliate programs with most of the big guys and many others that many talk about here and am still waiting. I have sent thousands to sites and get shit back. One site 25 thousand in one month and nothing different. Another site 40,0000 nothing not one sale and others are making thousands from the same. I have increased my Google hits to one site 10 times from a few hundreds to thousands and nothing. Others making big bucks to same. So what is this why are my site bad, do I not have the correct key works my TGP and MPG sites are the same as any other out there.

Well I just don't know but I not giving up. If I send 5,000 to a site I expect 1 sale at least. Or is it now 1,000,000 per sale?

:nobody:
    Well I tried to make changes to some of the content here but there is a time limit on that sorry not my fault!
    BadBoysFilms

Pushing it thought other sites

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    How are you promoting your sites/sponsors?

Are you just building a new vod/paysite and waiting for people to find it or are you actually promoting it through the use of galleries, free sites, ppc campaigns etc?

Regards,

Lee
    Well throught my other sites with banners and listing in the search engines, I do need to make galleries up to submit to the TGP sites or FHG sites and have affiliates find them there also.
    BadBoysFilms

Well throught my other sites with banners and listing in the search engines, I do need to make galleries up to submit to the TGP sites or FHG sites and have affiliates find them there also.
    Sounds to me like you are only linking your sites in with you own ones, are you submitting free sites, not just galleries, to link lists, search engines etc?

Also, are you relying solely on affiliates to make sales to your site/sites or are you promoting it yourself?

As of right now, it simply doesnt sound like you are doing anything other than building your sites and forgetting about them, forgive me if i am wrong or misunderstanding you.

Perhaps you could explain what you do when you build a new site to help us understand the marketing process you go through in order to get traffic.

Regards,

Lee

I submit to

Sounds to me like you are only linking your sites in with you own ones, are you submitting free sites, not just galleries, to link lists, search engines etc?

Also, are you relying solely on affiliates to make sales to your site/sites or are you promoting it yourself?

As of right now, it simply doesnt sound like you are doing anything other than building your sites and forgetting about them, forgive me if i am wrong or misunderstanding you.

Perhaps you could explain what you do when you build a new site to help us understand the marketing process you go through in order to get traffic.

Regards,

Lee
    Well I submit to the search engines, to the gay directories, add banners to my sites and text links.
    I would love to know more from the pro's here that is for sure.
    BadBoysFilms

Well I submit to the search engines, to the gay directories, add banners to my sites and text links.
    I would love to know more from the pro's here that is for sure.
    Right, but WHAT do you submit?

Are you building new free sites and galleris EVERY day or just building a paysite and submitting that?

It would appear right now, from what you have said, that all you are doing is submitting your paysites, without doing any secondary or tertiary promotions yourself of your own paysites.

For example, every day i build at least 4 free sites, submit them to several link list and search engines, along with submitting a couple of the galleries on those same free sites to the TGPs.

That is in addition to working on new paysites and promo's for my existing sites.

I dont just build a paysite, submit that to directories and wait for sales to come in, i actually do something by myself to generate sales, other than just linking up recip banners.

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Lee,

If he is sending 40k hits to one site, he is doing something. But I have no idea what he is doing either.

Lloyd
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar

Affiliates can make money...

It's all a numbers game, but you can definitely make money as an affiliate...

So far this year I'm averaging about 1:383 for sales primarily off of blog traffic (excluding AEBN sales which skew the numbers). Overall I'm averaging 8 cents per click. So, if you sent 40,000 unique visitors off to a site you should be seeing about $3,200 in sales if my results are typical.

But what others are getting at is the type of your traffic and how you send them off makes a big difference. Sending twink traffic to a granny site won't result in any sales. Likewise, how you promote them makes a difference. For example, before RDude came on board with Bareback Masters my ratio with them was over 1:800, now that RDude is providing decent promo materials I'm under 1:200 - my traffic didn't change, the promo materials changed which let me promote them properly with blog posts rather than just blogroll links. The other issue is what type of sites your traffic will click through to - that you can only find through experimentation. There are sites I think are hot that I can't get my traffic to visit or buy...

My best programs revenue-wise are Gay Pay, My Gay Cash, and ZBucks (in a distant 3rd). From a conversion ratio standpoint Gay Pay and ZBucks are best performers. Your best programs will depend on your traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Lee,

If he is sending 40k hits to one site, he is doing something. But I have no idea what he is doing either.

Lloyd
    Lloyd,

40k to one site isnt hard, anyone could do it.

For all we know thats 40,000 PPC SE hits, that he could be paying for!

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Lloyd,

40k to one site isnt hard, anyone could do it.

For all we know thats 40,000 PPC SE hits, that he could be paying for!

Regards,

Lee
    I agree. As I said he is doing something besides tossing up banners. A PPC campaign is something. I am just confused if that is 40k to his site or an affiliate site. And if it was 40k to an affiliate site, I would have stopped at 5k if I had no sales.

Best,
    Lloyd
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Actually,

That brings up a good point, maybe it ISNT 40k hits, or at least, maybe it isnt 40k uniques, he could be reading his stats wrong and counting raw as the hits that matter.

It could, realisitically be only 1000 hits, if there are 400 images on one of his pages (which is more than possible if he is using tgps or link lists to gather traffic that he owns) 1 hit would show as 400 raw hits.

Thinking about it, this is a distinct possibility to, maybe he doesnt have as much traffic as he beleives because he is reading his stats incorrectly, i know i still look at the wrong server stats from time to time LOL $0.02

Regards,

Lee

they could also be 404 hits, exit hits, hits from a niche that doesn't complement the paysite he's promoting. there's a lot of variables involved. hell, we're currently doing 1:135 with nastydollars. of course, that's filtered traffic. and we're doing well sending our own traffic to our own paysite - always better than 1:300 from a mix of different targeted sources.

btw, gallery traffic generally converts at 1:5000 with niches, 1:10,000 with general sites - and that's nothing new. of course, if you are good with submissions, you should work your way to 60,000 to 100,000 uniques a day with 6 day per week submissions. heck, if you got listed on thehun and al4a, you could do that many hits to your gallery in a day without any other tgps.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post

btw, gallery traffic generally converts at 1:5000 with niches, 1:10,000 with general sites -
    ???

Is that hits to the gallery or conversions to the sponsor? I am seeing TGP and MGP galleries convert at under 1:500.

those are hits to the galleries. my gallery to sponsor conversions are mostly also under 1:500.

since he was talking about a 1:5000 conversion ratio, i wondered if he wasn't counting hits sent to galleries.

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    ???

Is that hits to the gallery or conversions to the sponsor? I am seeing TGP and MGP galleries convert at under 1:500.