Thread: Does Your Affiliate Reps Job Title Matter To You?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Does Your Affiliate Reps Job Title Matter To You?

I was just talking to someone on ICQ about an issue i had with a program i havent promoted in years, where they closed my account, despite having a few hundred dollars a month in referral webmaster ssales.

I basically said thanks for being a good 'affiliate rep' and was told in no uncertain terms, the person i was talking to wasnt actually a rep, they were an 'affiliate manager'.

That got me wondering, does the 'job title' of the affiliates reps you work for actually matter to you or, do you go to whomever can help you, irrespective of their job title?

To me, affiliate reps, affiliate managers, affiliate directors, marketing managers, etc all do the same job, help the programs affiliates when they have issues and i really dont care what their job title is so long as i get the help i need, when i need it.

Does a programs employees job title matter to you when you need to speak to someone about an issue with your account?

BTW, my account got turned back on and all referral sales are showing as credited to my account from the last 3 months in case anyone was wondering

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Doesn't matter to me at all. I am still not sure what my real title is, nor do I care. All I care about is that my affiliates get taken care of....
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    oh god -- the fragile ego!!

"I am NOT an affiliate rep -- I am an affiliate MANAGER"

has to rank right up there with "I am MORE than just a model!"

Somebody has a bad case of Small Cox
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

while i couldn't care less whether their title is "grunt" or "manager", if i had to choose i'd rather be represented than managed. really all i care is whether or not they can help me.

i repped for a program once. i didn't want a title, they ddn't give me one. i managed to help affiliates fine without.

forbiddenRed
    I think its the fact "manager" sounds more important than "rep" - same job, snootier title

yeah, it's usually the same job, but i like the idea of representing the affiliates - it would make me feel more like i was really working for them. i think someone concerned with being known as the "manager" is more concerned with their own importance than helping the people they're there to help.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenRed View Post
    I think its the fact "manager" sounds more important than "rep" - same job, snootier title