Thread: Washington Bans 'Gay' Sperm LOL

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Washington Bans 'Gay' Sperm LOL

(Washington) The federal government today said it would ban gays from making anonymous donations to sperm banks.

In new regulations announced by the Food and Drug Administration men who acknowledge they had sex with other men over the previous five years will not be allowed to make sperm donations.

The FDA said the regulation would prevent HIV from being transmitted. \

All donors must be tested for HIV, hepatitis B and C, chlamydia and gonorrhea, syphilis and mad cow disease. But, gays were the only group singled out for a blanket refusal.

The new rules take effect May 25.

The FDA had been considering the new regulations for more than a year.

In December 2003, Lambda Legal submitted a 13-page letter to the federal government, outlining serious concerns and offering suggestions about the proposed regulations for sperm donors.

Thursday, when the new rules were announced Lambda accused the FDA of ignoring its concerns.

"The federal government issued recommendations today that look like they were written in 1982, not 2004," said Lambda Legal Executive Director Kevin Cathcart:

" There is absolutely nothing about this proposal that's based on science or medicine -- this is a policy based on bigotry," Cathcart said.

"It's completely illogical to say that a gay monogamous man who practiced safe sex four years ago cannot be a sperm donor, but a heterosexual man who had high-risk unprotected sex 14 months ago can donate his sperm."

"HIV affects every part of our nation's population, Cathcart said, "and the F.D.A. needs to realize that fact and stop treating gay men as the only people who contract HIV."

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/05/052004sperm.htm

LMAO how fucked up is that LOL

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    it's the government

in Bulgaria when you say you're gay during your military commision, you have to actually prove to them you're gay, on paper. You have to go get a certification from psychologist among other things.

Wonder what the FDA would think up next.

Jason
    why should they be any different from the red cross. they've been denying blood donations from gay men forever. the first (and last) attempt i made to donate was when i was 17...i honestly answered that i had had sex with a man in the 6 months prior and they flat out refused my blood. guess they have enough blood for all those disasters.

not to mention my mother was at the blood drive. saw that they didn't take my blood...and came home absolutely distraught because, like anyone with half a brain, she knows the only reasons they refuse donations are sex or drugs. she demanded to know which and i honestly answered her. that was just fuckin great...my dad was gone on a trip so she was left to "deal" with it alone...she didn't eat or sleep for about 3 days. then my dad came home and they asked me if i wanted to see a therapist. shit...i better stop now before i turn this into a(nother) "get to know...123jason" thread .......

suffice it to say...fuck them