Thread: Mouseover Text On Images - What Tag Is Better?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Mouseover Text On Images - What Tag Is Better?

I was wondering if any of you knew if there was a 'right' answer to this question, right now im using both the ALT and the TITLE tag on some of my sites in order to display mouseover text on a couple of images but i was wondering if anyone knew which of the two tags actually worked better in terms of SEO?

They both appear to do the same thing, at least in IE so im wondering if there is any reason to use both, or whether one should suffice per page?

For example, on one image i might use the ALT tag, on another the TITLE, should i be using all the same tags on a page or doesnt it matter on the overall scheme of things?

Any of you SEO folks know anything about tag use and search engine optimization?

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    I was just thinking about this the other day also, but haven't had time to research. I think i've noticed google picks up the alt tags on the images before the title tag. I think you should be using different wording for each tag.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    title tag is supposed to be the title of the image - the text which shows then you hover above the image

the alt tag is there for browsers like lynx which do not support graphics, hence alt is the alternative text for the image which describes the contents of what you don't see....

i use is this way

img src="fucking-twinks.gif" title="horny twinks fuck each other" alt="two horny twinks fuck each other on the bed doggy style"

or I just use the same text in alt and title tag altogehter - depends on my mood

edit: IE is the worst browser there is - browsers using Gecko, Opera and webKit rendering engine behave like its meant to be. IE is just full of sh..hacks. I write my code in Notepad++ and I am always amazed how IE screws up perfect written and valid (x)html / css code
    :-D