Thread: Why Does Food Taste Different In Different Countries?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Why Does Food Taste Different In Different Countries?

I received a goody pack by FedEx today from mum over in England, with some candy, chips and soda in it.

I dont understand how certain foods, even though they are exactly the same in the UK and they are in US taste totally different.

For example, salt and vinegar chips, same ingredients, same size packaging, same manufacturer, but the ones from England made by Walkers, taste better than the Lays brand ones, even though they are the exact same company, just a different brand name.

Same with the soda, English Coca-Cola just seems to taste 'fresher' and less chemically than the US version does, yet it has the exact same ingredients in it.

Chocolate to, English chocolate bars taste waaaaay nicer than American chocolate bars do, they arent as waxy and are a lot sweeter/creamier.

Why is this?

Regards,

Lee

I noticed that living overseas as well, especially how waxy our consumer chocolate is compared to imported chocolate. People slowly get accustomed to quality of contents being downgraded in America, along with portion size, while increasing cost to maintain increased profits year over year.

It's almost as if quality is last on the list and finding the right combination of chemical additives to make people crave more is the most important goal.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I agree 100%!!

The Coca Cola difference is easy -- in the US it is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup and in many countries it still uses regular sugar.

I was a die-hard Coke fan and when the New Coke came out, I bought several cases of the "old" Coke. Then, Coca Cola Classic came out but the "new" old Coke was made with corn syrup instead of sugar and the taste was slightly different. I also discovered I have a slight allergy to high fructose corn syrup and had to switch to Diet Coke. Anything made with high fructose corn syrup gives me a mild stomach ache!

Even though things are made by the same company, I think the recipe is varied a little bit to conform with regional requirements and availability. Sugar is a highly volatile commodity with a relatively small number of producers. Corn syrup is MUCH sweeter than sugar (so it takes less of it to make something sweet), there are fewer price fluctuations, and it is easier to transport and store.

I am sure it is all a republican conspiracy~

:-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    This is very true! I love the Sprite in Mexico, it tastes sooo good! I wish it tasted like that in the U.S.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

How long have you been gay?
    Its easy to explain: The Water
    Water tastes different in every part of the world, and because of that you get to taste the same food different. Coca Cola in EU is different from US. McDonnald's is absolutely different.