Thread: What Do You Do With Content On 'New' Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Thought What Do You Do With Content On 'New' Sites?

For example, lets say you purchased some movie content a year ago, before tube sites were popular.

The license for this content clearly does not say that you can or cant use the content on tube sites, do you use it on a tube site or not?

Likewise, what if you purchased content 3 years ago before blogs became so popular? Would you use that content on some blogs?

What if you purchase some new content tomorrow and then in 7 days time, something *new* springs up that isnt mentioned in the license, do you use the content on a site concept that hasnt been around yet?

Where do you draw the limits on where you can/cant use content when it clearly does not say one way or another in the license itself?

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    honestly i never buy or bought content that specified what i could and couldnt do with it - or at least not beyound not allowing me to resell it...

however if i had content that did say what i could use it for or not i wouldnt really give it second though to put it on blogs or tube if it wasnt mentioned..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    honestly i never buy or bought content that specified what i could and couldnt do with it - or at least not beyound not allowing me to resell it...
    Actually, almost every content license has some restrictions in it, not just about reselling it.

Most DVD content you can only offer a certain 'length' to affiliates, or post on galleries, for example.

There are restrictions on everything, thats why i always read the license before doing anything with the content itself, i forget where it was, but a few years ago i bought some content that had in the license you couldnt post it on TGPs.

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Actually, almost every content license has some restrictions in it, not just about reselling it.

Most DVD content you can only offer a certain 'length' to affiliates, or post on galleries, for example.

There are restrictions on everything, thats why i always read the license before doing anything with the content itself, i forget where it was, but a few years ago i bought some content that had in the license you couldnt post it on TGPs.

Regards,

Lee

Well guess thats one of the advantages i have of only ever having bought exclusive content... its either mine to do with as i please, as per the copyright contract.

I wouldnt buy a car with restrictions in the contract about where i can drive it or how i can use it so why would i do so with content ?

i ask the content owner or broker what the terms are regarding the new issues, and generally ask to have an amended contract if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    For example, lets say you purchased some movie content a year ago, before tube sites were popular.

The license for this content clearly does not say that you can or cant use the content on tube sites, do you use it on a tube site or not?

Likewise, what if you purchased content 3 years ago before blogs became so popular? Would you use that content on some blogs?

What if you purchase some new content tomorrow and then in 7 days time, something *new* springs up that isnt mentioned in the license, do you use the content on a site concept that hasnt been around yet?

Where do you draw the limits on where you can/cant use content when it clearly does not say one way or another in the license itself?

Regards,

Lee

it's a waste of money to buy exclusive content to use for freesites and avs sites. if you don't have a paysite or high end premium avs, you can license a very decent set of pics for $20.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    I wouldnt buy a car with restrictions in the contract about where i can drive it or how i can use it so why would i do so with content ?

Looking for content ;)
    i agree.. wouldnt buy exclusive for that either, have always just used sponsor content..