Thread: Online Grocery Shopping!

BDBionic

Online Grocery Shopping!

Several years ago they were all the rage! Or at least presented as such until they all went bust haha.
    Today I was sittin' around drawing up my grocery list. I always put off grocery shopping because where I live the parking sucks and I hate comin' back from the store finding I gotta lug all my groceries a block and a half to my apartment.
    So I figured... "Hrmm! Wonder if I can get em online anywhere!"
    Vons.com has online grocery shopping! For a small fee. And you can shop through their entire store online and choose a time to have them delivered. It's perfect for me as I just never seem to have to time to make it to the grocery store on weeknights or desire to deal with parking on weekend (I live at the beach so parking on weekends here is even worse than you can imagine).
    They'll be delivering my groceries to my home at noon tomorrow. :groovy: :groovy:

Anyone else use online grocery shopping?

Dzinerbear
    Hey BD, good to hear from you again. I feel like I've been in remission or something.

Friends of mine use an outfit calledGrocery Gateway here in Toronto. (I don't know what their status is elsewhere.) And they loved it.

Patrick is an opera singer and was oftentimes away in Europe doing his gig, while Ian stayed here in town and was studying hard in his last year of school. So, after a gig, when all the fat ladies went home, Patrick would sometimes feel a little lonely, feel like doing something, so he'd go to Grocery Gateway, do some shopping for his hubby, and then, e-mail him: "Groceries are arriving Monday at 1 p.m."

Myself, I like the shopping experience. I like not knowing that I need stuff until I see it. That doesn't mean I have a house full of o-matics, it just means that sometimes I don't remember that I need sugar until I see an pyramid of it at the grocery store.

Hugs
    Michael

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Hey Brian!

I used to use vons.com when I was in CA. I loved it. For me it was the height of laziness and I enjoyed every second of it. That and the delivery guy was HOT! And that IS another story for another thread one day LOL

Now, we have no excuse really. Parking isn't an issue, traffic isn't an issue and the grocery delivery service here is Schwan's. And, their drivers aren't as cute LOL

Hope you enjoyed you vacay!

My best,
    GA

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Publix used to have online grocery shop but they went bust too. Or so I read somewhere.
    Would be nice to have more.

I hate shopping

dammit! SugAR!! ... knew i forgot to pick up something yesterday at the store ....

i always wondered - if you use a store that delivers, and you order grapes, do they pick the ripest and soundest ones?

AusCoding Allan
    Both our two major supermarkets offer online shopping - Woolworths and Coles. It's fantastic when you just cant be stuffed going to the shops.

I really have no excuse though as it only takes five minutes to get there and there is always plenty of parking.

It really is fantastic check them out if you like

www.homeshop.com.au

www.colesonline.com.au

www.shopfast.com.au

www.greengrocer.com.au

Cheers,

Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Online shopping is huge in the UK.

In fact i beleive EVERY major supermarket chain does it :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    what's worse is restaurants that do deliveries.

we only have like less than 10. most are chinese and couple italian and pizza

oth - one reason online grocery shopping might not take off is the population density here especially everything's scattered all over the place. there's 3 apt complexes here and to get from to another you have to go out to a 4 lane road and the exit has no lights and during rush hour you can spend 10 minutes just waiting for cars to clear up