Thread: Splitting MOV Vids

blah blah blah...

Splitting MOV Vids

what do you guys use to split your full-lenght MOV vids into short vid clips?

there are plently of programs to slipt AVIs and WMVs, but not any good ones for splitting MOVs.

thanks!

allan

I like cocks better than you!
    We use 2 programs which might be helpful to you.

1- Sony Vegas
    2- Roxio Easy Media Creator 10

Roxio is priced at about $100.00, you can purchase it at about any office store like Staples, Circuit City, Office Depot, etc. The name is a little distracting because it's cheap, but it's really useful.

For Sony Vegas, you could pick up a copy for under $150.00 at the same places as Roxio.

If you get into bigger editing and what have you, then I would suggest Sony Vegas Enterprise (or Professional) edition but then your getting into a higher price.

I hope this helps you out.

while you can cut up videos in vegas, it's definitely not a splitter. you have to re-encode after the split, and as far as i know, you can't click a button and automatically cut a quicktime video into several even pieces. not for roxio, either.

you might want to try http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/videoslice/ although i haven't used it, and i know that for quicktimes, it requires a quicktime plugin you can get there.

i also tried Agile MOV Video Splitter, which i'm thinking of buying. it works pretty well, although not as fast as boilsoft or easysplitter works on WMVs, AVIs and MPGs. it's also only $25. you can read about it here http://www.avsofts.com/mov-video-splitter.html

Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    We use 2 programs which might be helpful to you.

1- Sony Vegas
    2- Roxio Easy Media Creator 10

Roxio is priced at about $100.00, you can purchase it at about any office store like Staples, Circuit City, Office Depot, etc. The name is a little distracting because it's cheap, but it's really useful.

For Sony Vegas, you could pick up a copy for under $150.00 at the same places as Roxio.

If you get into bigger editing and what have you, then I would suggest Sony Vegas Enterprise (or Professional) edition but then your getting into a higher price.

I hope this helps you out.

blah blah blah...
    thanks so much guys! i'll check out the programs you mentioned. but like basschick said, i don't want to encode every clip one by one, which is what i'd have to do in Vegas (i use Vegas for editing). i want a program like Easy Splitter to chop up a full-lenght MOV automatically into clips, but ES doesn't do that for MOVs. thanks again