Thread: The reason that Im here

Dusty

The reason that Im here

Hello all,

I have recently begun working for GA Media hoping that it will be much more accepting. Due to legal reasons names are not disclosed...

I have been working in the food service industry for a number of years. Bartending, Serving, Managing, etc. In fact, I was nominated as a featured server due to my excellence in the local entertainment publication. And yet, my previous employer fired me in a sneaky tactic to rehire me and others at a much lower pay rate.

I complied, we are all shit out of luck in this economy, I thought. And yet, I was asked to re-apply and re-interview with the brand new General Manager. And then I found out that I was the only one scrutinized in this manner.

So I show up at the interview...and the manager lets me know that if I want to return to my job, I must speak in a deep masculine voice and pretend that I am a heterosexual because it is offensive to club members.

I asked why and somehow...i never saw this coming. He said that, "one of the members (of around 4,000 total) is afraid that I will give him AIDS." As the member of the club, this member is a partial owner.

Frankly the manager should have stood up for me at least, but que ce ra. However, he did not rehire me on the stated presumtive basis that I have AIDS...which I dont. However because I am "regarded" as having this disability this breaks section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Well, I am pissed and so is the ACLU, and I am going to fight this, hopefully to the Florida Supreme Court...frankly because I think for damn sure that the Equal Opportunity Laws in this State et. al. and possibly the Nation need to include protection against discrimination to sexual orientation.

Which it doesn't. Needless to say, my friends picked me off the street if you will and are attempting to graciously save me from this tragedy. My point is, has this kind of thing ever happened to you, and do you want to fight with me?

PS thank you for saving me my dear friends at GA Media.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Hi

I heared you were coming and what you will do

I bet you will have fun with your new "master" and will enjoy the products he serves

*hugs*

DEV.... who is packing his bags
    :-D