Thread: Site Pricing Based On Its Features?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Site Pricing Based On Its Features?

I was wondering what you folks thought about this, rather than having a 'standard' monthly membership like we are all used to seeing on paysites, for example, lets say $29.95 why not price access to a site based on the benefits the site has to offer?

For example, lets say we started off with a 'base' pricing level of $9.95.

If a site had no DRM, then $5 would be added to the cost of the membership to off-set the likely hood that your sites content will be distributed by the members.

If a site had daily updates, then a further $5 would be added to the price of a membership to offset the additional cost of content production.

If a site had multiple content formats or zip downloads, then a further $5 would be added to the cost of the membership.

Why isnt stuff like this considered when pricing paysite memberships by most people instead of them just putting up the 'standard' pricing options?

Do you think a 'value' could be assigned to such features/benefits along with the actual value of the content itself inside a members area?

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    In principle, this sort of pricing makes sense.

In practice, I think it would be really hard to explain and sell to the customer, not to mention that, given the complete lack of ethics by at least a few members of the adult community, you'd have a bazillion sites promising everything for a low, low price, which would defeat the whole idea.

Besides that, I get the distinct impression that most membership site purchases are made when the surfer has his dick in his hand and wants to whack it to a particular model he sees in the tour.

We are brainstorming about some new ideas for pricing but haven't come up with anything we really like yet.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    For the last 12 months or so ive been chatting with people on and off about new pricing structures and the most popular idea we have all had is the bandwidth level pricing model, a surfer pays $X amount per 10gigs used a day/week/month etc.

The other option that seems to be worth looking it is the business model i mentioned above however, for something like that to actually work, we would need to see the billing processors step up to the plate and implement some 'rules' on their end to make sure that new sites were using the pricing based on what was inside their members areas.

For example, right now, a sites members area will get approved so long as there is one single page of content inside, thats the basic level we use to get a new site approved with CCBill, then we go back and edit the members areas after approval.

Would be nice to see some kind of 'quality control' being used on the end of the processor before a site is even approved.

Regards,

Lee