Thread: Movie Encoding - Why Does Nobody Offer This?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Movie Encoding - Why Does Nobody Offer This?

Why does nobody offer pre-encoded DVD content?

I know that some content providers do but what about those webmasters who have already had DVD content encoded based on content they have already purchased?

It would make life so much easier for a lot of people if someone who already owned a lot of DVD content would offer up their already encoded content to others at a cost, so long as the 'client' could prove they own the rights to use the DVD content.

There must be 1000's of DVD titles around that have already been encoded by 1000's of adult webmasters, you would have thought that someone would be offering pre-encoded content already.

Buy some DVD content from somewhere like WWC, then go to someone else who has already encoded it and save time on encoding by just using the stuff they already have.

Regards,

Lee

Sounds like WWC is missing out on an opportunity here.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Sounds like WWC is missing out on an opportunity here.
    WWC wouldnt even have to do the encoding, they could refer their clients to someone who already has the content encoded for a commission.

Regards,

Lee

WWC has always offered ripped and encoded DVD content, although there was an extra price for that back in the day.

there's a great advantage to ripping your own or getting it ripped, and webmasters are discovering it more and more. usually when companies rip the content, they don't give you the actual DVD. back a few years when 320x240 was the normal video size, lots of guys got their ripped DVD content at like 320x240 at around 350k. these days, that's pretty crappy and i know a lot of webmasters who wish they'd gotten the DVDs.

ripping your own DVDs or having someone you know and trust do it allows you to control the size and quality of the videos. one guy i know got some broker to do his ripping and encoding and the content looked like shit. don't know why - i've seen those same movies looking good. so control over your content is, imo, pretty important.

Lee, when was the last time you bought DVD content? These days, most dvd content shops will provide you with your content in whatever format you request, but like basschick says, its always best to get it either as a DVD or delivered as VOB files so that you can encode it to your own specs PLUS keep it and re-encode it when demand changes in a years time.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com