Thread: Internet Explorer 8 - Sneaky Tricks From Microsoft

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Internet Explorer 8 - Sneaky Tricks From Microsoft

So it seems that IE8 is no longer going to be considered a 'program' by Microsoft, instead, any user wishing to remove it from their system is going to have to search it out in the 'updates' area of the add/remove programs.

Im wondering if this is a sign that IE is on its way out, i mean if it isnt easily accessible to remove, would seem like that is a move by MS to keep it installed on users machines.

Your thoughts, is IE going to be a think of the past soon?

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    actually IE was never removable because, allegedly, it was part of Windows Explorer and it was impossible to uninstall in the truest sense

I can't find anything about MS considering IE8 an update and not a program
    IE8 beta 2 was available via Windows Update but only if you had Beta 1 already installed. I downloaded mine from the IE8 site

majority of the internet still uses IE so I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon.

I am sticking to WinXP & firefox running via bootcamp on my MacBookPro....and when I am forced to upgrade XP I will be booting into MacOS and not looking back. Lets face it, windows & ms had their time and now its time to move onto better programs, operating systems and companies.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    I am sticking to WinXP & firefox running via bootcamp on my MacBookPro....and when I am forced to upgrade XP I will be booting into MacOS and not looking back. Lets face it, windows & ms had their time and now its time to move onto better programs, operating systems and companies.
    I agree 110%! I have XP running on my MacBook Pro through Parallels, though VMware Fusion is better. But it works for the one program I need XP for!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    actually IE was never removable because, allegedly, it was part of Windows Explorer and it was impossible to uninstall in the truest sense

I can't find anything about MS considering IE8 an update and not a program
    IE8 beta 2 was available via Windows Update but only if you had Beta 1 already installed. I downloaded mine from the IE8 site

majority of the internet still uses IE so I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon.
    IE use to be removable as a program prior to XP.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. GayTubeSimon's Avatar
    yes, I think that it started around the time of Win98/NT/ME, when they had based the windows explorer around it. I recall there being some sort of of legal/media hoopla about it because it was a move that was basically to usurp Netscape's popularity (which worked).

However, it doesnt really matter at this point because they relied too heavily on the bundled strategy, and were overtaken by developments like Firefox that were more innovative and better to use. Same as their buggy, crummy, swiss cheese operating system.

I started using Mac back in 2004 when I started doing graphics work and realizing just how much you have to babysit windows, haven't looked back, and now that Statsremote is available for Mac, I havent loaded my Parallels XP in six weeks!