Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCBill Program Owners - RSS Feeds - What Are You Using?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

CCBill Program Owners - RSS Feeds - What Are You Using?

I was looking to get a couple of basic RSS feeds setup for Condom Cash but ill be honest, the whole 'rss' thing is confusing as hell to me.

What feed scripts are you folks using to run your RSS feeds?

Also, how are you handling the feed content itself, are you pulling it from a central database or, do you create each feed update manually?

Any info you folks could share when it comes to creating affiliate rss feeds would be highly appreciated

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    We use blogs organizer with the affiliate mod plugin for our rss feeds. We make a blog post and it makes the rss feed.

Here is our AcesBedroom Blog: http://www.acesbedroom.com/blogs/?aff=XXXXXXX

And you can find the rss feed link page on the right hand side of that page.

Affiliates can link to our hosted blog with their code or can import the rss feed with their affiliate code.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Jimmy,

So the blog itself is what you add to in order to 'update' the feed itself or do you just update the 'feed' and not worry about the blog?

This is what im getting more and more confused with more than anything, whether i need to update a blog every day, or if i can just put in say 365 entries and have them update each day automatically.

Id rather be able to add 365 individual entries and have the feed pull from that data automagically, than have to do an update each and every day to a blog.

Obviously if that isnt an option then daily blog updates will have to do LOL

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Jimmy,

So the blog itself is what you add to in order to 'update' the feed itself or do you just update the 'feed' and not worry about the blog?

This is what im getting more and more confused with more than anything, whether i need to update a blog every day, or if i can just put in say 365 entries and have them update each day automatically.

Id rather be able to add 365 individual entries and have the feed pull from that data automagically, than have to do an update each and every day to a blog.

Obviously if that isnt an option then daily blog updates will have to do LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Yes, feeds come from blog posts usually.

There is a schedule post feature. So you can schedule well in advance. The blog has a cron job and will generate the feed at the cron job schedule setup. So you can basically set it up, fill it up with a year of updates, and not worry about it for a year.

There is also an option to read from wordpress blogs into bo.

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash

Oh so blogs organizer has its own blog script included? Interesting.

I was reading that the script allows you to run multiple blogs, do they all have to be on a single domain do you know or can you have multiple domain names for each of the blogs?

blog1.com blog2.com blog3.com etc?

I actually have a central domain that i use for my blog stuff right now so if i can just install this script on that domain and manage all of the other domains blogs that would be an awesome feature.

Regards,

Lee

Oh also, something else i just thought about...

What about multiple formats for the rss feeds?

Like can i setup one text only feed and another with an image for the same blog or do they have to be 1 format per blog/feed?

Sorry to be a pain, im just trying to figure out as much info as possible before jumping to a decision haha

Regards,

Lee

Oh so blogs organizer has its own blog script included? Interesting.

I was reading that the script allows you to run multiple blogs, do they all have to be on a single domain do you know or can you have multiple domain names for each of the blogs?

blog1.com blog2.com blog3.com etc?

I actually have a central domain that i use for my blog stuff right now so if i can just install this script on that domain and manage all of the other domains blogs that would be an awesome feature.

Regards,

Lee

You can have many blogs on multiple domains.

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash

One more thought too...

The script says it can run multiple blogs... No issues with that, but what about feeds for multiple programs?

When you set the script up, what information is needed, do you actually have to hardcode in a CCBill account number in the setup files for the script or do you do that when setting up the individual blogs/feeds?

If two or more programs can be run from a single installation of the script i think i may go ahead and buy it.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by nicedreams View Post
    You can have many blogs on multiple domains.

Jimmy
    Cool, and the script just gets installed on a main domain, correct?

Kind of like a central admin area for each blog or do you need to upload something to each 'blog'?

Regards,

Lee

Oh also, something else i just thought about...

What about multiple formats for the rss feeds?

Like can i setup one text only feed and another with an image for the same blog or do they have to be 1 format per blog/feed?

Sorry to be a pain, im just trying to figure out as much info as possible before jumping to a decision haha

Regards,

Lee
    You would have to setup mutiple blogs. It has a template system, so you can easily replicate them. You can also cross post. The blog i showed, also has an Epoch brother. ;-)

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash

Cool, and the script just gets installed on a main domain, correct?

Kind of like a central admin area for each blog or do you need to upload something to each 'blog'?

Regards,

Lee

The main portion of the script would go onto 1 domain. Then there are some files you would put on the other domain as well as some htaccess stuff. There are auto functions to set it all up.

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash

Quote Originally Posted by nicedreams View Post
    You would have to setup mutiple blogs. It has a template system, so you can easily replicate them. You can also cross post. The blog i showed, also has an Epoch brother. ;-)

Jimmy
    Ah okay, that kinda sucks (means more work) but its good i guess because it means more blog traffic at the same time if they are setup on different domains hehe

I really appreciate you taking the time to help with my questions

Regards,

Lee

Ah okay, that kinda sucks (means more work) but its good i guess because it means more blog traffic at the same time if they are setup on different domains hehe

I really appreciate you taking the time to help with my questions

Regards,

Lee
    Well, it would just be the initial design of the blog. So not much time really. And yes, more traffic, but it is also duplicated content. You could also just make a script to read your one rss feed and change it and create another one from it. But I like the multiple blogs.

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash

Thanks Jimmy

Also, do you know about this question... http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...77&postcount=8

Regards,

Lee

One more thought too...

The script says it can run multiple blogs... No issues with that, but what about feeds for multiple programs?

When you set the script up, what information is needed, do you actually have to hardcode in a CCBill account number in the setup files for the script or do you do that when setting up the individual blogs/feeds?

If two or more programs can be run from a single installation of the script i think i may go ahead and buy it.

Regards,

Lee
    You hardcode a placeholder for the affiliate id. So in your template whereever the individual affiliate id is you would put {AFF} and the system would parse it.

So you can have multiple programs/multiple blogs/multiple multiple/....... Luke uses it as static tgps also.

Jimmy

Nice Dreams Cash