Thread: Is Blogging going the way of TGP's?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Is Blogging going the way of TGP's?

With every person on line having their own blog, I wonder if the blogging market isn't going to go the way of the TGP, in that it becomes over saturated, and loses its sales appeal?

You have sponsors churning out rss feeds like there is no tromorrow, you have affiliates launching hundreds of different blogs, for different niches, all automated, and so I wonder, is the surfer going to hit the 'next' wave of the future?
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Blogs still have a lot of room for growth, im working on a rather large blog project myself right now for which there really isnt anything on the same scale to compare it to.

The one problem i am running in to though is because i got in to the blog game late, learning the finer arts of selling on blogs is taking a lot longer than i thought it would, im actually having to re-learn some of my sales techniques to fit them to the blog mindset when it comes to 'readers'.

That being said, there are a lot of blogs out there that are basically TGPs in their current format, i found several blogs today alone that just had pics posted all over them, no text, just full sized pics linked to the sponsor program they came from, i guess it must work to a point but i still cant help thinking about how shitty they must convert with all the blind linking im seeing going on.

I guess what i keep saying is true though, send enough traffic to somewhere and it will buy eventually and a lot of blogs im seeing have a lot of traffic available to them, especially the smaller, niche specific blogs

Regards,

Lee

nope. in fact, when it comes to hand-written blogs, i'd say the opposite. where tgps send TONS of traffic that is rushing to get to the next content, i was surprised to see that the people who stay the longest on our review site are from our blog - and they don't just blast by a few pages, either - they seem to be actually reading the reviews judging by the 2 to 3 minutes they spend on each page.

and there's more and more blogs listed in search engines, which means less traffic, not more.

still, nothing beats the traffic from a hand-written blog

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    and there's more and more blogs listed in search engines, which means less traffic, not more.
    It means less traffic for those coming to the blog game late, but more for those who are pumping out hundreds/thousands of blogs getting those SE listings, of which im hoping i will fall in to that category shortly

Regards,

Lee

Camper than a row of tents
    So if blogs are going the way of TGPs, what will take their place? I haven't seen what the "next big thing" is. Has anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post
    So if blogs are going the way of TGPs, what will take their place? I haven't seen what the "next big thing" is. Has anyone?
    Tube sites

Pretty much everyone in the str8 side of the business owns a tube site these days it seems.

Regards,

Lee