Thread: California Webmasters - Are You Ready For This Yet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

California Webmasters - Are You Ready For This Yet?

With little over a month to go before the new privacy policy law comes into effect for websites collecting data from their surfers now could be the ideal time to get a privacy policy page put on your site.

To many webmasters and companies working online the fundamental basics of their business is to turn a profit through effective online marketing campaigns and promotions however, within all of this profit making there is a side of business that is so often overlooked or, forgotten entirely, what is this business practice? The law.
    It is also interesting to note that as yet there hasnt really been any widespread talk about this across the industry as a whole. Considering that our primary business model deals with 'collecting' infrmation from our surfers you would have thought that this would had been mentioned given the relative closeness of this new California State law coming into effect :eek:

You can read the original article here:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1978

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    We are required to have a privacy policy in order to comply with Australian Privacy Laws already. I think it makes sense and shows your surfers that you are professional in your dealings with them.

Cheers,

Allan

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    I assume thats only if you collect information. If you just send them on to the sponsor then it really doesnt apply to your site.