Thread: How Do You Define An 'Update' When It Comes To Members Areas?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? How Do You Define An 'Update' When It Comes To Members Areas?

I was just having an ICQ conversation with someone about paysite updates and we got on to the subject of members area updates and a pretty good discussion ensued...

We got talking about members area updates and what an 'update' actually is, i was explaining that different people can see an update as different things, for example, on Condom Cash i have 3 different types of 'updates' on the members areas which are...

1) Main members page update.

This is basically just a 'change' in the content being displayed on the members areas main page when a member logs in to the site, all it does is cycle through the 1000's of image sets, feeds, etc i have in the CMS and randomly changes the displayed items on this main page every day based on a sites niche, so far example, todays update will show a few sample images of a uncut cock set of content inside Foreskin Fantasy and tomorrow, another set will be displayed, this 'update' is totally random, all it does is pull content from pre-defined sets based on their niche, about 1000 diff phot sets in the instance of Foreskin Fantasy.

2) Members area 'actual' content update.

This is in essence, an update for when 'new' content sets, movies, stories, feeds, etc are added to the CMS that are categorized in any given niche, so when new content is added (on a weekly basis) that gets categorized as 'uncut' in our CMS for Foreskin Fantasy, our script will automatically update the content pages, whether that is images, feeds, movies or stories so that the latest content added appears at the top of the relevant page, pushing some of the older content in to our cyclical update database.

3) Cyclical content updates.

Not all of the content in the CMS is displayed all of the time in any given members area so for example, using Foreskin Fantasy again, out of 1000+ image sets, only 500 may be displayed in the members area at any given time and each day, the remaining 500 sets are automatically 'cycled' at midnight so set 0001 might appear to have been added to the members area today but in reality, set 0001 might have actually been added to the CMS years ago but, doing cyclical updates means that if a member has been around for 3+ months, he still wont have physically 'seen' that content set in the members area.

So how do you folks define an 'update' when it comes to members areas?

Would one (or all) of the methods i use above count as an 'update' to you or do you think a members area update is something totally different?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay? Ghaleon's Avatar
    I would count 2 and 3 as an update.