Thread: So It Looks Like Visa's X-Sell Meeting Went Badly...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? So It Looks Like Visa's X-Sell Meeting Went Badly...

For those companies using them, anyone else notice all the sponsors now offering cross-sell free tours or looking at dropping them completely?

For those of you who dont recall, here was the thread that was posted a few weeks back about the upcoming meeting by Visa discussing cross-sells and laundering of chargeback ratios:

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...ad.php?t=28703

I guess we know the sponsors involved now

Keep an eye out, i foresee a much wider fallout from this issue over the coming weeks.

TopBucks, PimpRoll have already publicly announced changes to their X-Sell policy and its only a matter of time before some of the other large programs like SicCash, RainbowRevenue, CE, etc do the same IMHO

Im also wondering what knock-on effect this could have on those join for 'free' type sites where there are a hundred cross-sells already pre-checked on the join pages.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    seems like time is running out for a quick $$$

It's unfortunate, but really shady business practices have destroyed the x-sell portion of our profits.

I think that this is an example of our industry destroying itself.

Hidden x-sells and really shady billing in general is apalling and just alienates our customers.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You can't help but wonder why it took Visa so long to stop the practice of pre-checked x-sells, but I'm glad they've finally done something about it.

Watching program owners and their affiliates posting about their fear of x-sells possibly coming to an end was entertaining. Some affiliates saying they never promote x-sells, others saying they already stopped promoting sites with x-sells out of guilt, while others cry that they need the money and will keep promoting them not to mention the Gay program owner justifying why he offers $1 trial x-sells with $35 pps. crazy stuff

If we self regulated, as an industry, things would be different, until then the processors, the CC companies and government agencies will regulate for us.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Once again, greed and lack of ethics by a few people ruins something for everyone else.

Why is it that some pieces of shit just don't get it?

Oh that's easy, because they group together, communicate, and reinforce their fucked up view of the world. Many of them have a victimization complex mixed with a bit of "i had no idea", "nobody told me", "I didn't trust/believe the people who told me it was wrong" and "I needed the money" :crazy:

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Why is it that some pieces of shit just don't get it?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    It's not actually the "pre-checked" X-sell ABOVE the join form that is the problem. I really can't get into specifics, but the X-sell market is very safe. Maybe a few companies will feel the pain of what they did in the past. But, those that offer pre-checked X-sells above the join button and disclose the terms are safe. Nothing that VISA has issued recently suggests otherwise.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    The issues arent specifically the x-sells, the issues are with the chargebacks from those x-sells and how these companies have been laundering them across multiple acquiring banks, ipsps and other merchant services to maintain what appear to be 'legitimate' chargeback levels.

It just appears right now that x-sells seem to be the 'first step' towards reducing these chargebacks, especially when it comes to companies having pre-checked x-sells on their join form and even cross sells that are 'hidden' in the HTML code on their join pages where the consumer has no option but to accept the charges.

Regards,

Lee