Thread: Sponsor Promo Tools - What's good?

blah blah blah...

Sponsor Promo Tools - What's good?

Hey guys!

I'm in the process of upgrading my affiliate promo tools and wanted to know what affiliates are looking for these days.

Here's what I'm leaning towards:
    - FLV's (how long should they be?)
    - FHG & FHVG
    - Half Page and Full Page Ads

Anything I’m missing or you'd recommend?

Thanks!

Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    As a program owner im always looking to offer as many promo tools as possible, within reason.

Hosted galleries and free sites are good, so long as they are designed to sell, not just designed to 'be' rss seems to be big right now.

We're actually seeing a couple of our affiliates making some good money from our hosted PPC search page on Condom Cash along with our hosted reviews.. The hosted review site has actually been our best converting promo tool by far, lots of review sites are using the text we wrote and sending 1 or 2 sales every day just from a single page on their own review site, not including those affiliates who are linking to Adams Reviews itself.

As an affiliate, i actually only use banners/buttons from sponsors, hosted free sites, galleries, rss feeds, etc i really dont have any use for as i find my own efforts far out convert those tools offered by sponsors whose primary goal is to create as many promo tools as possible to offer their affiliates.

One sponsor i have used for several years recently started doing weekly updates to their FHGs and quite frankly, they are using a script that plain sucks, it looks like a blind, retarded untrained monkey made the galleries.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    One sponsor i have used for several years recently started doing weekly updates to their FHGs and quite frankly, they are using a script that plain sucks, it looks like a blind, retarded untrained monkey made the galleries.

And in the back of my head I'm hearing "ugly sells" ....:worm:

Found this last nite in case you need some scripts to handle some of the tools http://www.wojfun.com/adult/wordpress_affiliate_plugin/

And if you haven't seen it yet, take a look at www.CCBTools.com

I'm going to have to vote for Affiliate RSS feeds ... it's where I'm making my money right now.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yeah Woj has some pretty good pre-built scripts and is a really fast and efficient programmer.

He is actually the guy that i had do my custom CMS script a few years back, really easy to work with and de-bugged stuff on the fly with me.

I highly reccomend Woj to anyone looking to buy off-the-shelf or custom programming solutions

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    thanks guys! will check out everything you said and look into incorprating them into the new affiliate promo tools

allan

blah blah blah...
    this may sound bad...but what are RSS feeds? i keep hearing about them, but not sure if i know what they are exactly.

and how would you set them up?

thanks

There are a few ways now that you can setup RSS feeds to recognize an affiliate webmaster's ID. Basically, you're doing a hosted "post", complete with either pictures, or a movie clip, and sexy sales text.

Blog software (Wordpress) and programs like Movable Type, Joomla, Drupal, etc are able to create an .xml file that consists of all of your posts. RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. When you go to some sites, and see those latest news updates on the side or possibly the latest stock market prices ... the site is using an RSS feed to bring in that information. Everytime new "posts" are available from the provider of the feed, your site updates. In the same manner, everytime you update your member site posts you rss feed also updates. The new post will now show up on all of your affiliate's blogs who are bringing in your Rss Feed, automatically updating their site.

You can use a program like CCBtools.com, the feed service script from the Mojfun.com site, Nats has one built in (that I never did figure out), or purchase Blogs Oranizer along with the affiliate module to run a whole mess of blogs, either ones for affiliate use, and/or your own blog empire from one control panel. There's another plugin one for wordpress I think, if I track it down, I'll put up a link.

2 minute WMVs for freesites and galleries

pics at least 600 pixels wide in zipped folders of at least 8 with a description

pre-written text descriptions

pre-written review

don't forget banners in a variety of sizes, shapes

Found this today ... it's a really decent tutorial on the basics of RSS.
    http://www.mnot.net/rss/tutorial/